CANADA D-EH !

Gatineau. OK - how about Arcade Fire? Stars? Metric? All good, and probably more palatable to a Quebecer.

Just don't say Celine Dion (shudder...)

Arcade fire i've heard of...but the others nope...

I'm in my mid forties and grew up listening to 80's metal.... that may account for some things...

My 15 year old brings me stuff like Bullet for my Valentine, disturbed and the like and all sorts of other stuff....

Actually the Gorden Lightfoot remark was a little tongue in cheek. I'm not a big folk music fan but I did but his album just for that song. Sorry for getting the name wrong.
I grew up in a small town in B.C. with only one radio station. They apperantly had a "don't offend anyone" policy and played the same Anne Murray and Gordon Lightfoot songs year after year. If we were lucky we would get BTO but only "Looking out for number one" (dont want to play that offensive heavy stuff). Between that and CBC telivision Anne Murray seemed like only music star to ever make it big. It wasn't till the eightys that I even heard of RUSH.
Needless to say I bought lots of records.

I do know what you mean. I realized I might be stirring a hornet's nest.

But the big question is, do you own a set of pots and pans, and have you been advertising it to your neighbours?

I do know what you mean. I realized I might be stirring a hornet's nest.

But the big question is, do you own a set of pots and pans, and have you been advertising it to your neighbours?

I work in Ottawa (guberment) and a lot of people here do as well...
And we kicked out the Bloq Quebecois... :thumbsup:

I think I'm good with the neighbours... :D

I work in Ottawa (guberment) and a lot of people here do as well... And we kicked out the Bloq Quebecois... :thumbsup:
I think I'm good with the neighbours... :D
You work for Uncle Stevie?
I guess the country is safe :eek: - as long as you're not with Heritage, Transport (surface) or La Francophonie :yikes:

guys we have a great selection of Canadian bands..

ie the Guess who...
The sheep dogs etc..
no need to argue who is better.. they are all good...
yes even nickleback has a big following.. no me... but give them credit for making it down south.. as well as the little fuk.. beiber... weather you like this crap or not..
they are still canadian and deserve some respect for giving everything they have and making main stream... and a but load of cash and pussy...

It's that time of year again.
The days begin to get shorter ... but Drewpy, at least RUSH has made it in Cleveland!

Attachments

• Canada D-EH Flag.JPG
    Canada D-EH Flag.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 392
Thanks for the thread Lou. Greetings from another proud Canadian. As for all the Rush comments we need to remember that Neil Peart as well as being a world class drummer is an avid rider. That in itself should put them in our good books.

What the heck happened with the fireworks last night,they were cancelled cause of wind I heard?Its always windy when the fireworks are set off.I heard they are doing them from a barge this year instead of the point in Sarnia?

Went to night to watch the belated Canada day celabration for Sarnia,Point Edward .They went off as scheduled but were interupted by freighter traffic which delayed the show which then resumed about 10 minutes later.The show wasnt as good as usual,pretty colorful but kinda lame.No great hieght to them except for very few.They should have been done from Centenial Point as always instead of barge in the river.

The Canadian holiday techincaly means alot to me.Im actualy half Quebecian.Even though I was born here in the US my dad was canadian.
But are you glad that RUSH made the R-R-Hall-of-Fame this year? Your answer to that will determine if Drewpy ever speaks to you again. :laugh:

I wasnt aware that they did?Yeah they deserve it they have been one of my favorite bands high school.Im also a big fan of Shania Twane:laugh:Canada has produced alot of great bands over the years.

Back