Carb Tops For Xs400

polish the alloy, it'll come up like chrome.

there are some later steel topped one which were zinc plated, I suppose they can be chromed, but you'll have to be careful as the dohc won't fit the earlier sohc carbs

+1 on polishing. I polished my tops and the bowls, and painted the carb bodies in satin black. They turned out great, and only need repolishing every once in a while. If you use a high grit wet/dry sandpaper to knock down the initial roughness, then gradually polish using finer compounds, you won't be disappointed. I have a really bad picture of mine finished if you need to see an example. Let me know, and I will find it and post up.

Here's the pic...It's really bad, since it's from my old phone. I will post up a better pic when I get to my camera.

Attachments

• P06205951.jpg
    P06205951.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 418
Here's mine- tops polished and bowls polished. They aren't mirror finish, but I find a slight satin easier to maintain. I wet sanded with 400, then 600, then 1000, then aluminum polish (Flitz). If you wanted mirror, I would add 800 in there and end with 2000 before the polish.

carbs1.jpg

Those look great HoughMade... I really wanted to polish the bodies of my carbs instead of just the tops and bottoms like we have done, but there was NO WAY i have that much patience! haha Good job though!

Yeah I remember reading once on XS650.com that the tops on the BS34's for the XS650's will swap with the aluminum ones on the XS400.

guy's when you've polished them, get some ACF50 on there, it'll keep them shiny. if fact i use this stuff all over the bike to protect it.

Back