Cdn bobber build.

Friend with a Plasma table, job at a shop that specializes in custom aluminum tig welding, how about a friend with a lathe and milling machine? Then you would have everything a guy could ever need! Well maybe find a friend who makes good home brew!:thumbsup:

Finished adding some paint to my brake light. Pleased with the way it turned out. Need to finish cutting out the mounting bracket this week then add some paint.

Attachments

• 20141231_055111.jpg
    20141231_055111.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 20150103_184942.jpg
    20150103_184942.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 268
Those tires are on my list, along with the TW201 and 202. I've also been considering an 18" rear wheel from a Seca as that makes a lot more D/S tires available. Still having trouble making up my mind...

Dave I do a lot of fly fishing so I want to be able to go down some of the dirt roads. Not sure how it will ride with a hardtail on it lol.

Am still undecided on which suspension to use for the seat. I am thinking either just the regular coil spring setup or find a good quality rear mtn bike shock. That way I will have some adjustment like compression, preload, and rebound. Not to mention a titanium spring. I just don't like the look of the mtn bike shock idea so am trying to think of a way to make it sexy. Any ideas anyone?

You know how a hardtail will ride off road, even if you don't want to admit it. ;)

I'm trying to justify D/S tires when I have been riding 99% on-road. I do get on a fair bit of gravel roads, and they are not so much fun with road tires. That said, I've never had the bike get away from me. Not even on loose crushed stone. So do I really need D/S tires? Probably not, but I'm gong to find some that are 80/20 road biased...

An MTB air shock may be what you are looking for. The good ones are not cheap, but will have all the adjustability you want. I still prefer to suspend the bike, as it weighs more than me. Having it bouncing around wouldn't be fun, regardless of how the seat is suspended.

Just saying...

I won't be traveling to much on dirt. Only about 20 kms. Besides I got a truck and slide in camper so will probably be using it most of the time. Mainly I just like the ability to go on dirt roads if needed.

As far as an air shock, I hate them. The deals don't last as long and I found the rebound was a bit to quick even on lowest setting. As far as price I know they are expensive. My downhill race bike was $7000. Luckily I have a friend who is sponsored. He is willing to give me a slightly used one.

Progress is a bit slow. Been concentrating on my friends bike. Have been making parts at work. Trying to get everything in one cost of primer so I can do the mock up. Going to purchase 1" seamless tubing for the hardtail in 2 weeks. Waiting for money to clear on credit card so I can order rear plates from Travis. Fake oil can is finished. Used 4" exhaust pipe, and a friend made me a cap for access to the electrical. Will load some pics when I am near wifi. For some reason I can't upload photos on my cell phone internet. :(

We are finally gonna get some nice weather for this long weekend here in the frozen north. To boot Saturday is my birthday. It's gonna be a bday filt with removing this and removing that. I will be taking detailed pics of the whole progress so I will be posting a bunch of pics next week. If anyone want some specific photos let me know. The bike will be a single backbone hardtail in a couple of weeks.

So I picked up my new tank today. Peanut xl. Have made some changes to my build idea. Am gonna buy shorter rear shocks and move the too mounts so it has the same geometry as a hardtail but not the bone jarring ride.

Got my handle bars sorted. Took a set of free black widow 1" diameter apes and hacked off the ends. Took some 7/8" o.d. Dom 1/8" wall tubing and welded it on. Now to get new switches and rewire through the bars. Will try to post pics soon.

It's been a while since I posted. Got my tank finished. Didn't like the rear mount it came with so made a Frisco mount. Am going to order my carb kits today and pick up some of steel needed. Got my seat sorted out thanx to my friend buying a new one. Also bought a new rear fender. It's gonna need some trimming to work with my build.

Back