Chopped it (pic now up)

bobb

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So, I got my hardtail kit from Trav about a month ago, here she is. Handmade back bone, 9" stretch, handmade gussets. Next gonna cut out the mid control/swingarm mount area and replace with tubing and put in cross braces. Took pictures the whole way along and will be starting a build thread soon. My vision was long and low. let me know what ya think, thanks.

6840321680_2d381af653.jpg

Last edited:
works for me now. loogs good. thats gonna be LONG!!!! make sure the tire you choose has a lot of sidewall, i feel like a short sidewall would look wierd for some reason.

thanks for the tip on the sidewall Volcom. I haven't picked tires yet and will certainly keep that in mind. Thanxs

Looking good! I can't tell from the pic. Do you have another bottom cross tube where the center tubes come down behind the motor? I'm no engineer but it seems like there should be one towards middle or back on bottom rail, like there is in the front. I know the axle will shore up the very back. Just currius, can't wait to see more pics. Happy building

Cachecruzer, thanxs for the feed back. There is a cross brace there (stock_, just a bad angle to see it. Also, going to ad cross braces soon to the hardtail and ad more support when we chop out the mid control/swing arm mount section and replace with tubing. i'll ad those pics as soon as we do it. thanxs man

9 inches! Damn! (that's what she said) But seriously, looking good! I'm glad the kit worked out well for you. :thumbsup: Keep the pictures coming.

Back