1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Chopped it (pic now up)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bobb, Mar 15, 2012.

1. bobb

bobb XS400 Member

So, I got my hardtail kit from Trav about a month ago, here she is. Handmade back bone, 9" stretch, handmade gussets. Next gonna cut out the mid control/swingarm mount area and replace with tubing and put in cross braces. Took pictures the whole way along and will be starting a build thread soon. My vision was long and low. let me know what ya think, thanks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. xschris

xschris XS400 Guru Top Contributor

3. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

4. Pork Chop

Pork Chop XS400 Junkie

Looking sweet.

Posted via Mobile

5. volcomskater77

volcomskater77 XS400 Chopophile Top Contributor

works for me now. loogs good. thats gonna be LONG!!!! make sure the tire you choose has a lot of sidewall, i feel like a short sidewall would look wierd for some reason.

6. bobb

bobb XS400 Member

thanks for the tip on the sidewall Volcom. I haven't picked tires yet and will certainly keep that in mind. Thanxs

7. Cachecruzer

Cachecruzer XS400 Member

Looking good! I can't tell from the pic. Do you have another bottom cross tube where the center tubes come down behind the motor? I'm no engineer but it seems like there should be one towards middle or back on bottom rail, like there is in the front. I know the axle will shore up the very back. Just currius, can't wait to see more pics. Happy building

8. ace68

ace68 XS400 Enthusiast

Looks cool,and id do the same to mine,but getting it regd where i live would be a nightmare.
    And costly.

9. bobb

bobb XS400 Member

Cachecruzer, thanxs for the feed back. There is a cross brace there (stock_, just a bad angle to see it. Also, going to ad cross braces soon to the hardtail and ad more support when we chop out the mid control/swing arm mount section and replace with tubing. i'll ad those pics as soon as we do it. thanxs man

10. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

9 inches! Damn! (that's what she said) But seriously, looking good! I'm glad the kit worked out well for you. :thumbsup: Keep the pictures coming.