Clementine: Brat/Tracker build

cjxs

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted any updates in the original intro thread, so I thought I'd start a new one.
The bike has a name now, which is Clementine in honor of my son Clement who was born a month before I bought the bike.

This is how it looked when I bought it:

img0204xd.jpg

It looked like it was in a good shape at a first glance but turned to be a big mess later. Had a lot of electrical parts from soviet cars, poorly fabricated and welded parts.

These were the first steps:

full

full

full

The front bottom part of the frame is completely new as the original was twisted and welded under a weird angle.
Swapped 16 rear wheel for a 18 one. Both front and rear rims where drilled. It now has K81 Dunlop tires, 410 rear and 425 front but I'll be soon ordering a 425 for the rear as well.

The bike is kick only with all the electrics hidden under the seat.

Tank is stock but has been slightly modified. It now has an HD sportster cap in the middle.

The tank has been painted silver with dark brown cheeks. It still has to be polished and a layer of clear coat added.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry, haven't been around for a while. Here are some decent photos of the end result.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

The seat was custom made by a local guy and I really like it too, it's neither too thin nor too bulky and is very comfortable.
I don't remember the drill bits sizes but I will measure them.

Very nice job:thumbsup: Are there a lot of the 18" rear drum mags over there? I have never seen one here in the states:banghead:

Beuitful build! Love the tank, the wheels and the clean frame. Master cylinder is sweet too.

Sorry for the hijack, but.... I've been looking for an 18" mag w/ drum . I've seen a bunch of bikes with them on here, but can only find 18"mag disc available to buy/trade ... according to what i've found so far '77-79 were available with them, and sr500s had 18"mag rears, not sure if they came with drums. 650 & 750s came with them (20mm axel) in the late 70s but those all seem to be disc... I'll keep looking though!

Posted via Mobile

I know that german 2a2 bikes (79-80) have 18" mag wheel w/ drum...but they are quite hard to find... I found 2 offers on german ebay but they are without brake...just rims. Price 70 and 90 (with tyre) Euros and shipping only to EU

Is it safe to assume the brake from a 16"rear will work if i can get my hands on one of those? Seems like yamaha would have used the same brake for all rear drums to me...

Posted via Mobile

Back