Clutch

Put WD40 in it. Or any other oil or silicon based lubing agent. Make sure to excesively lube while pulling the handle back and fort. And let it work in all night. Makes a hell of a difference !

This is for the cable, the steel wire inside the plastic is probably to dry causing a lot of drag along the entire lenght. I should not take it off before you've tried it. Would be wasted efforts If you ask me. So the lubbing agent should go inside the cable! Sorry for not specifying that earlier

This is for the cable, the steel wire inside the plastic is probably to dry causing a lot of drag along the entire lenght. I should not take it off before you've tried it. Would be wasted efforts If you ask me. So the lubbing agent should go inside the cable! Sorry for not specifying that earlier

Only issue if it is gummed up it may be hard for lubricant to work its way through.

Take the cable off and hang it vertical and see if you can get something to go through it. Maybe take and spray carb cleaner through it first to clean then try oil or something.

Also make sure the clutch is adjusted correctly as that can be an issue also.

My clutch was a very hard pull as well even after I sprayed lube down the cable. I found out that the plastic liner inside the cable housing was binding up and made it difficult to pull.

I ended up replacing the cable and it made a big difference.

Back