cornish xs400 build

ACEFACE

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, finally got going on my first bike build. Fabricated the hardtail frame and axle plates over the past week. I am aiming to do most of the work myself so if i ask too many questions please tell me. I will post pictures as soon as i can. Cant seem to do it from my phone

WP_20141012_006.jpg

WP_20141012_008.jpg

Got the frame together on the wheels today, I am using Kawasaki Z650 wheels and discs as they are one size bigger than the standard xs wheels. Hopefully get the forks and trees tomorrow so I can make it a roller.WP_20141015_012.jpg

Post up your plans for the fork trail and rake when the head tube gets put on! Interested in seeing your thought processes of that.

Looks good so far.

I'm using zx400 forks and zr400 trees. I was fortunate enough to get the neck and v5 when i bought the maxim motor. Hoping to sort the front end out before the weekend, will post some pics.

Today I took delivery of the trees and forks. Cut the head of frame at 35 degrees and welded the xs neck in place. Assembled the forks and trees and fitted to the frame. All went well apart from the xr400 top taper bearing doesn't sit in the neck properly.
Has anybody else had this problem and if so how did you get over it. The bottom one fits great and swivels as it should. I went with the 35 degree angle coz I like the look, no maths or anything technical like that so hopefully she will steer ok. Next job is sandblasting and fitting the motor.WP_20141024_007.jpg

WP_20141024_009.jpg

Thanx guys, i was a bit worried that the motor was gonna be too small in the frame but i am really pleased with it. Hoping to mount the tank and levers tomorrow

Back