CREATE YOUR OWN BOBBER COURSE - COLLEGE CREDIT COURSE - $25 (JC College )

16VGTIDave

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Found this on another forum:

Craigslist Ad: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/4084614930.html

Here is the text of the ad:

"Due to overwhelming response, we have added "Bobber 101" to our list of Technical Courses. Room TE-212, M-W 300pm-600pm, Units 3.0. Class requirements: Halfass knowledge of motorcycles, and the following materials: hacksaw, bailing wire, duct tape. At the conclusion of the course, students will be able to actively participate in the rapidly growing professional and recreational Bobber marketplace."

:laugh: They nailed it! Now back to your regularly scheduled episodes of OCC... :doh:

No, no, no! That would be a tracker. To be a bobber, they'd ALSO have to remove the rear shocks and replace them with tubing cut out of a bicycle frame. And replace the seat with the bicycle seat... ;)

Kinda like a 1930's Harley, but not really. No rear suspension and a spring loaded seat. I think they call it a bobber because your head bobbles around like your neck was a spring every time you hit a bump...

Bobber mean that the bike has been bobbed or parts removed/cut to save weight. At least that's what I have always been told. A chopper gets the hard-tail because the frame has been chopped.

Heh. So you are suggesting that my bike is a "chopper" because the frame has been cut up? I don't have a hard-tail... :confused: Maybe I should have taken that $25 course... ;)

I think what you have is a frankenbike. Two different bikes put together.

Back