CRUNCH TIME: Motor re-assembly has begun!!!!

'bout time too :laugh:

cheers arclight! Now i know how you felt after your rebuild:thumbsup: And special thanks to all the input you put in drew, your knowlege really is an asset to this forum mate. Yeah it took a while but between waiting on parts and finding the time to organise days to work on it between me and my brother it did drag on a bit. We werent in any hurry either and were really taking our time on this rebuild cause both of us had never done one. I reckon if we did another one we could do it MUCH faster now.

Started it up again today, no oil leaks developed overnight. Engine runs awsome, no rattles/leaks/smoking, motor is like new again!

Last edited:
Just kidding mate, because my build has been going on for alot longer than yours. :laugh:

Great news that the rebuild was successful. :thumbsup:

How about a vid so we can hear the beast?

To answer your question about my bearings I am going to caveman the bearings in my wheels by welding a bit of steel in the hole and hitting that with a drift and hammer.

Thanks Robj! @ pork stop sending my thred off topic... ah actually i dont care where this thred goes now im done, go nuts:laugh:

Attachments

• Rowing Fat Guy.jpg
    Rowing Fat Guy.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 271
Im joking of course, I just wanted an excuse to post the picture of the fat guy in the little boat. :D

You mean the seat Im gonna run? Its very simple and nothing fancy, but I wanted something for two because my girlfriend wasnt keen on me building a solo seat project cause its selfish apparently. Thats actually what steered me in the direction of brat style. Heres the link to the seller I got it from, theres a few pictures there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...JFHlQqzUPKbgM%3D&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It actually really suits the look im going to be trying to get, puts a nice low profile sleek look to the bike. Doesnt look that great in the photos but its not bad at all in person, good quality too.

Back