1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Crush1776 New Build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crush1776, Feb 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CadXS

CadXS XS400 Addict

Crush, the bikes looking good mate. Are you gonna strap the battery down at all? It will move around a bit under acceleration/braking and might bang into your fuses.

Caddy

2. leedutcher

leedutcher xsive to the bone!!!

that battery work for u? ps-1227 right?

3. Yup, works great so far. Run the high beam all the time and tailight/ brakelight and ignition.

4. Yeah, maybe a cradle of foam and then a strap, what do u think?

5. Lost an air cleaner and the fuel line/ filter leaked after ride #2:

[​IMG]

6. volcomskater77

volcomskater77 XS400 Chopophile Top Contributor

i still cant get over your tank man. its just so pretty. and colorful. and well excecuted haha. what did you use to paint the exhaust? matte black bbq paint? i used gloss, and it flakes soooo easily. :(
    idk if your interested, but are you in the market for shocks without the hole in the shroud?

7. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

strap up that battery, use pop rivets and make a couple of hooks. use those rubber battery straps you can get them in different sizes!

8. This will do for now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

is that for a reverb? :D

10. A guy wants to trade an El Camino for my xs. I need a bike hauler, so It's a good deal for me. He wants me to put turn signals on it though so:

Hey there guy:

[​IMG]

Lefty Righty Flashy buttons:

[​IMG]

11. volcomskater77

year engine size of the elky? if its a trade for a bike, and the elky runs, i would assume its a G-body. hopefully an 83-87 (2 headlights on each side), and hopefully a 4.3 cuz theyll get up more than and just keep goin. i know a bit about them. almost had one, so i read up a little bit.

12. 85 G body with a 305. Dude inherited it from his mechanic grandpa, it's pretty clean and runs and drives well. Elco prices are all over the board here in socal, but he wanted $2500 for it, which is what I would ask for my xs, so we are both making out ok I think...

13. volcomskater77

thats a pretty good deal as long as its clean. wish i could find one out here for that price

14. nick0624

nick0624 XS400 Member

if your in il. check out stl postings. you cant walk around here without tripping on one for next to nothing

15. volcomskater77

thanks for the heads up. but i got too many projects right now, no space for another one lol. did you end up making the trade? wheres the elky?