Cut wires

firegatejeeyamaha

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
How on earth do lines get cut like this when they have never been touched or moved.

Well i am hoping i found out what my charging issues were i took the stator cover and the stator out along with the electrical wires. I then cut the outer coating off and comes to find out all three of the white lines that go to the rectifier were split open and thats why i think it was not charging properly.

So i cut spliced and sodered the lines back together with some heat shrink on top of that so now i have to put it back in the bike when it is done raining. I can only hope this works.

Attachments

• SAM_0246_Converted.jpg
    SAM_0246_Converted.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 315
  • SAM_0247_Converted.jpg
    SAM_0247_Converted.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 333
  • SAM_0248_Converted.jpg
    SAM_0248_Converted.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 312
  • SAM_0249_Converted.jpg
    SAM_0249_Converted.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 302
  • SAM_0250_Converted.jpg
    SAM_0250_Converted.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 320
Well I had waited for the rain to go away as i went to Joes Crab shack and had some margaritas came home and it was still raining so i moved everything to the front yard under the car port and put it back together and gave it a kick and another and she started it up so i put the voltage meter down there and and checked it at 3000 rpm and it was at 14 and 15 volts i got pretty excited and now i want to ride and it is still raining

haha well hopefully you get a chance soon! im hoping that i can take mine for a test drive this weekend but its been pouring up here in the PNW for like 6 days....

Back