Deleting gauges

WelderDave

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
so I like the clean look without the gauges, and since I base everything off feel and sound (rpm’s by feel and speedo on my phone) I figured I’d like to get rid of the bulk.

Mikesxs has a cap for the tach, I’m figuring I can just unplug the cable and cap it unless there’s something else I need to take out.

Speedo was a bit trickier I think since I don’t want a wierd gap in the front axle where the “pickup” unit is, is there an aftermarket cap-off I can get to put there and to make sure no dirt or debris gets in there to the bearings?

The mikesxs tach cap is for the xs650 and will not work for the xs400. I would check the local laws for inspection with your bike as in my state you must have a speedometer mounted on the bike in order to pass. I have a tach plug made by a member a long time ago. If you want it I will sell it to ya.

Attachments

• DSC03599.JPG
    DSC03599.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Not sure if we do or not, I just know some guys that run without and never had issues. The ones on my bike aren’t even accurate, lol. Only thing with the tach is I may need it for the timing I noticed, which I may need both, which kinda sucks. Any recommendations then, in that case, inexpensive ones?

Back