1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

did I mess up my frame?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by brenguy, May 31, 2019.

1. brenguy

brenguy XS400 Member

After hours of painstaking swing arm bolt removal I noticed I may have damaged the inner side of the bolt hole on the frame. This was probably due to me being an idiot and slamming a bolt that didn't fit properly in the hole in attempt to remove the swing arm. (I also had to grind out the swing arm bolt because it had mushroomed a tad and thus the outer ring of the hole has been scuffed by a grinder haha - so two mess ups) The undersized bolt that I hit to remove the swing arm bolt probably mashed up on the inside of the bolt hole. I can't tell if its actual damage or just oil poop that got smudged (I had to leave to work so I could not investigate further but I suppose I could try to use my fingers to pick away any debris and see if its fine).... any tips or direction would be appreciated!

2. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

I think that will clean up with hand files, emery cloth or sand paper, and paint.