Do they make something like this that I can use with my bike?

robindean

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is a Suzuki but I'm wondering about the plastic cover / windshield that surrounds the headlight. I'd very much like to buy something like it for my '82 XS400R but am unsure where to look, assuming it even exists.

Tips? Sources?

highres_61137762.jpeg

Yep, that's a Kawasaki GPz, either a 550, a 750 or an 1100. I think it's an '82 550 - the first year of the single-shock Uni-Trak rear suspension. Can't quite see if that bike has dual rear shocks.

Yes, they were bar & upper fork mounted. That is, they pivoted with the fork, not stationary like a 'frame-mounted' fairing.

Quite a few bikes had 'em from the factory back in the early 80s, including the entire Kawasaki GPz line, the sporty Suzuki GS1000S model, even Yamaha's own 750 Seca had one available and the '81 and '82 Seca 550 came with 'em. It was THE stylin' THING. :D

There are several aftermarket suppliers of "universal" versions. The huge J.C.Whitney company carries a couple versions. Dennis Kirk, too.

Good luck with your searching.

Kirk

Google returns many, many results for "bikini fairing". Now, my problem is finding one that fits a RECTANGLE headlight. Everything is for round! Also, I can't afford $400 LOL.

Hmm.... I get a whole bunch of DIFFERENT images when I put in "bikini"...

:)

I remember having one and it bolted to the bars and strapped on the forks. I would tink a motorcycle swap meet or eBay would be a safe bet.

Pretty sure that is a GPZ550 due to to the front rotor size.

My '82 xs400rj seca has a similar setup to the ones that are shown. The rectangular headlight is the same,and the fairing is similar. On mine,the fibreglass is cracked,which I could repair,but I don't like the look with what I'm going to do with mine.If you could Google the model I have,maybe you can find one on Fleabay,as I've seen a couple on there.I opted for an older style light and holders. lha

Back