Do you listen to music while you're wrenching on your bike(s)?

Do you listen to music while you're wrenching on your bike(s)?

• Gotta have some tunes to get in the groove.

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Silence and the sound of my rachet spinning is all the music I need.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

XS400D

Carb Fiddling Enthusiast
Reaction score
So guys I am curious, do you like to listen to music while you are working or do you prefer the silence and the tools?

If you do listen to music, what are your go to bands, playlists, stations?

Personally right now I have been listening to The Black Keys, either on my iPod or on Pandora so it mixes some other stuff in. If I am in the garage doing some late night work it has been Bon Iver or Mumford & Sons.

(I think I am going to start a general music thread to see what everyone is in to if this thread takes off a bit.)

Music for sure! I'm all over the place on radio. Rock, Classic rock, pop, whatever I feel like at the time. I find that I'm actually not really paying attention to what is on the radio but like to hear something in the background.

The Black Keys.. went to show of theirs about a year ago in a small venue (1st ave. Minneapolis). Was pretty good.

The Black Keys.. went to show of theirs about a year ago in a small venue (1st ave. Minneapolis). Was pretty good.

jealous!

They have one of the coolest show posters I have ever seen
BLACK-KEYS-Melb2011-Outlaw-poster-fin.jpg

I sing to myself and also talk, so can't have things interupt me! :bike:

I also get the street coming over to chat throughout, so I have to update them, PITA TBH.

That is a sweet poster. This is the one my girlfriend at the time got that night:

KEYS1.jpg

No where near as cool as the one you posted!

As of recent I've come back around to the arctic monkeys, also " band of heathens" willy nelson and the man in black also quite often join in the fun.

Posted via Mobile

As of recent I've come back around to the arctic monkeys, also " band of heathens" willy nelson and the man in black also quite often join in the fun.

Posted via Mobile

If I listen to arctic monkeys I just want to ride hahaha, damn view from the afternoon

Xs400d, your bike looks very similar to mine, all black, w/ sportster pipes. Mine has a different seat and full fenders as of now. Cafe build in progress. Very cool

Posted via Mobile

Xs400d, your bike looks very similar to mine, all black, w/ sportster pipes. Mine has a different seat and full fenders as of now. Cafe build in progress. Very cool

Posted via Mobile

Yours looks a bit newer since it has the one and one seat. I am planning on cafe as well, I have a new seatpan to build off of too since I want to keep the 2up. How do you like your sportster pipes?

Posted via Mobile

Yeah mines an 81, I don't like the look or sound, I want to do either a 2-1 or a straight pipe double stacked

Posted via Mobile

This is going to out me as an uber-geek on this forum.

I listen to podcasts about economics and history and vintage radio programs from the golden age of radio.

This is going to out me as an uber-geek on this forum.

I listen to podcasts about economics and history and vintage radio programs from the golden age of radio.

I never got into podcasts but dont worry bro, I am 25 and occasionally it's NPR or TED videos for me, so uhh NERDS UNITE!

i have a separate garage jams playlist on random for when i'm wrenching. heres the shuffle

be yourself - audioslave
baby i love your way - peter frampton
i can't stop - flux pavilion
you and me go fishin' in the dark - diamond rio
kids - MGMT
blood brothers - iron maiden

its quite an eclectic mix

definintly need some tunes. keeps me sain when i bust a knuckle when i trying get a rusty bolt out our when hot oil burn my skin while doin the regular oil change. mainly listen to rock. but i somtimes hook up the ipod and trough some flogging molly, social disortion, the kinks, disturbed, slipknot, ect....

Back