Dutch Newbee

JanMaha

JanMaha
Reaction score
Hi there Yammers,

Just found this forum and it is right up my street. I own a 400 DOHC Seca, which I modified slightly. Put a disk brake on the back, installed a different muffler, 2nd disk on the front and a couple of VFR clipons. When everything went OK, you can see a couple of pictures.

Will be keeping a close eye on the postings to get some new ideas. Hope to hear from you soon.

Happy motoring,

Jan

Attachments

• LPIC0717.jpg
    LPIC0717.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 379
  • LPIC0719.jpg
    LPIC0719.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 353
  • LPIC0754.jpg
    LPIC0754.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 363
jim, you can use an xj550 front end on those for twin disks, the guys on the german web site did it!

drewps

Many thanks for the warm welcom guys. Here are some answers to your questions.

About the speedo: it is a Moto Detail aftermarket part from www.louis.de. With the red button on the left clip on you can toggle the odo and 2 tripmeters. Rev counter is from an older XS400 custom.

Front brake: easy conversion. I just swapped the lower forklegs with a pair of XJ550 items and installed 2 calipers from an XV920. Brake cylinder is from a CBR600 with comfy adjustable handle. Standard front rim takes 2nd disk with no mods.

Rear brake: bit more work. Used rear wheel and brake assembly from an older model XS400. Cut the brake pivot from the frame a moved it 2" back, together with the footpeg to accommodate the rear brake cylinder. Welded a anchoring point to the stock swingarm and spaced out the rear wheel. Adjusted the rear sprocket for chain aligment. Not too difficult, just lots of elbow grease.

Kind regards,

Jan

Back