1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by onebigbyrd, Nov 10, 2019 at 7:52 PM.

1. onebigbyrd

onebigbyrd XS400 Member

good after market exhausr 77 xs 400

2. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

Stock works the best but MAC make an ok 2-2 system and a 2-1 system.

3. The 2 into 1 I have is relatively loud. Mine which I checked last week idles at 89db. I installed mine 2 years ago and felt it was too loud from the get go. I was out of money and put it out of my mind until recently when I purchased a small db killer off ebay and installed it in the end of the pipe. That got it down to 79db at idle but it's still over 100db on acceleration.

4. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

I have a set of mac mufflers with 1 1/4" outlet and actual off set baffles. They are on 77-79 stock head pipes. I did have to use some high temp epoxy to help seal the insert/baffle to the muffler as it did leak a lot. I would think most of these do this as it's not welded into place. They are louder than stock setups and won't tune as well overall but work as a good alternative. I don't have a way to test for sound but these are way quieter than the 2-1 kerker I had with a free flow straight through muffler.