finally, Tracker pictures

rex caunt racing coils ( not racing coils, thats their name)

they suppy brit stuff and these were the best VFM

DAMN ! that is a sweet looking rig drewpy . Thats my idea of what a bike is supposed to look like . Only thing I'd maybe change is the headlight ... no offense just personal taste and I'd like a bucket style light in mine . Beautiful , beautiful job ! :thumbsup: x2

CB

Drewpy , I'm curious what it costs to get a bike throught the MOT in the UK ? Are they sticklers for detail , or pretty cool about it ? Here in the States they check numbers to see if its stolen , safety equipment that was applicable to that year it was built , tires etc . Everything has to work . No extra charge just what the title and registration costs . Here in Arizona its fairly cheap and you are in and out in 20 minutes if its not busy that day . Of course each state is a little different .

Is that bike just considered a Yammy of the year as stamped on the frame , or does it have to have a special title since its a modified custom bike ?

Just curious how they do it over there .

Thanks ,
Clunkerbob

standard MOT fees apply to all uk bikes (£35)

you need to use a station that does motorbikes and that they are prety knowledgable on what is required for each year of the bike.

Old bikes for instance don't need to have any lights at all except for a reflector.

normaly my inspector will judge the book by its cover and if it comes in dragged through a hedge backwards, he will generally make sure it fails as the rider doesn't give a damn.

If I bring in my Bikes, they just get a cursery brake/wheel wobble/lights, horn and alignment check and I'm on my way.
the law changes soon where you don't need to have pre 70's bikes checked at all, its only voluntary!

Really nice bike!.. like the seat bunches.. and glad to see the weather in the Isles cooperated for your shoot!

Really nice bike!.. like the seat bunches.. and glad to see the weather in the Isles cooperated for your shoot!

at first I was gutted, but then it lends an extra dimension to the shot.

My photographer cousin wasn't too happy with his camera getting damp!

Drewpy, the bike looks awesome. I have to share a laugh I had while trading the xs400 today. :( The new owner mentioned a bike he'd seen with "333, speed shit" on it. But when he said the one with a window on the clutch cover, even being an FNG I knew and immediately said "Drewpy's bike!" Just found it funny that two guys in NY are talking about some guy in the UK's bike whom we've never met nor seen in person. Also kinda speaks to the originality of the build. I've seen some wild things done to all sorts of things. You'rs is right up at the top. :thumbsup:

great story, thanks for sharing :)

did you know at 10,000 rpm the pistons fall and rise about 333 times a second?

Nice! love the hidden message! I also saw your tracker and was inspired. as i mentioned in my build thread, it's the reason i decided to take the plunge and pick up an '81 Special and start chopping!.... then i found out how much actual modification you have in that thing... Glad I've got a lot of help!!!!

Nice! love the hidden message! I also saw your tracker and was inspired. as i mentioned in my build thread, it's the reason i decided to take the plunge and pick up an '81 Special and start chopping!.... then i found out how much actual modification you have in that thing... Glad I've got a lot of help!!!!

no probs, ask away if your stuck and the search function doesn't :bike:

In South Carolina, no one even bothers to look at the bike, or care. Just ante up (cheap fees yearly), and you're legal. No yearly inspections, no ever inspections. Highway Patrol attitude seems to be; don't bother stopping motorcycles unless it's some outrageous violation; motorcyclists can only kill themselves. I passed a speed trap with full radar, and received a toot of the officer's horn; I was going 115 mph. Best state to ride motorcyles in???? Ride safe. BillyMac

Not to speak for Drewpy, but I'll say that pod filters can create tuning challenges. One must be willing to re-jet their carbs and deal with the crankcase vent. They can be very loud as well.

All that said, I went from taking 2 hours to re and re carbs, down to 30 min. And that is including jet changes. Just by removing most of the airbox and using pod filters.

And I enjoy watching J-walking pedestrian's heads turn when I twist the throttle. Or catching the attention of a pretty lady in a convertible... ;)

Dave

Dave;bought this bike as my fun bike. Have plenty of perfectly restored "trailer queens." This bike built by very reputable builder into street tracker. Problemis it won't run; probably the petcock. Anyway, bike has pod filters and Super Traps, with no jetting changes. Not smart. Not sure where to start. Seems like such a conglomeration of problems, and "ace" mechanic, I ain't. All suggestions gratefull

Back