First Bike, 77

PaulasXS

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hi All: I am just getting started on my first project bike. Hubby bought me a 77 that needed some work is it is cosmetically challenged, but that was ok. I am making a street tracker out of her. I am changing the seat and losing the rear fender. The front one will be gone as well. Changing out the spedo and stock ignition. Looking into a different tank as I don't like the big box type for my tracker. I am hoping to just shorten the stock exhaust for now. At least I have my other bike to ride while I work on this one. I have been checking out all of the super information. Wish me luck

Hi All: I am just getting started on my first project bike. Hubby bought me a 77 that needed some work is it is cosmetically challenged, but that was ok. I am making a street tracker out of her. I am changing the seat and losing the rear fender. The front one will be gone as well. Changing out the spedo and stock ignition. Looking into a different tank as I don't like the big box type for my tracker. I am hoping to just shorten the stock exhaust for now. At least I have my other bike to ride while I work on this one. I have been checking out all of the super information. Wish me luck

welcome Paula, start a new thread on your tracker and have a ganders at my blog, as I am doing a tracker ATM :offtopic::thumbsup:

Welcome Paula! Sounds like a fun project, can't wait to see the pics. Like Drewpy said, you should definitely start a build thread for it. Also, don't forget to post your other ride in the thread titled "Our other bikes...". Glad to have you here!

Back