first chopper with a 400 xs 81'

LUCHO

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hello , i'm french and i built a hartail chopper sorry for my bad english , the project is not finished .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'have a lot of work on the fram is not finish.

i will put on a gas tank from a 883 sporter and the rear fender will be the original front(for the beginning because i would like to put a chica fender style but too expensive for the moment).

thinks drewpy and good luck for kate and william :cheers:i saw their weedding today on tv.

Bon Jour, Lucho! Looks great with that Sportster tank. I even like the spoke on the front and the mag in the back. The mag will hold up better under the massive torque of the 400. LOL.

Sorru its difficult to have the good translation about the word backbone.
Is it the part under the tank?.
About the longer of the frame , it is 6 inch more longer about original.

i buy a old light coming from french bike , dating about 50's.
It is for light and plate.

i have wrong news and good news the first is tthat all i do on the frame is not good ,not straight.
The good news a professional of rigid frame will going to work on my frame , i will cut all the wrong part of the frame and built a new frame normaly in september.
i must finish a 883 sporster rigid frame before of is son.
I put pictures of the frame in september.

I buy a new rear wheel because the other that i want to put was to small .
It's harley wheel

I put on the frame too see what it's done and on the front it's a yamaha 125 xt wheel the frame is going to modified for september .

Size wheels 16 for the rear and 21 for the front. for the tank , i don't know if i use the sporty tank or if i buy a little mustang peanut.

Dont look this wrong frame the new is going to built for september by a professional:bike:.

not to burst your bubble, but i hardtailed mine too. lol. not chopper style tho. i think mine is only a 3 inch stretch. check the build thread. i love the headlight. are you gonna put springs on the seat? or rigid mount it? seems like the seating position would be akward with those bars. goin with something else? and look into travis's axle plates. would make the back end flow a lot better. itll be safer too. the backbone looks great. and that tube gusset just screams chopper to me. idk why. ill be following this. dont know how i missed it

for my project i would like to have old school style like this for example :

I can modified my sporster tank in frisco style and perhaps put a sticker of jap's flag on.
It's less expensive to paint the tank .

Or the same bike with a wassel tank replica.

i modified a picture of a Harley with photoshop i'm not very good with computer.

What do you think about ?

Back