First XS400 Project

little LEDs can be fitted anywhere, you need an in-line resistor on either the feed or earth and you can drill little holes in your top tree and use silicone to fix in.

I use a ballistic battery in my tracker @ 4amps but I have used 2.1 amp alarm batteries but i put them on the side which damaged them.

little LEDs can be fitted anywhere, you need an in-line resistor on either the feed or earth and you can drill little holes in your top tree and use silicone to fix in.

I use a ballistic battery in my tracker @ 4amps but I have used 2.1 amp alarm batteries but i put them on the side which damaged them.

Thanks for the help. Will any resistor work? Does that depend on what battery I use? I am not sure how I am going to mount the batter yet but I am almost positive it will laid down unless I absolutely can not do that.

I want to choose the most basic, easy option. I will work around battery placement do gain an easy/basic electrical setup.

EDIT: Think I found what youre talking about... http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...-in-line-universal-led-resistors-24-0010.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. Will any resistor work? Does that depend on what battery I use? I am not sure how I am going to mount the batter yet but I am almost positive it will laid down unless I absolutely can not do that.

I want to choose the most basic, easy option. I will work around battery placement do gain an easy/basic electrical setup.

EDIT: Think I found what youre talking about... http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...-in-line-universal-led-resistors-24-0010.html

bit expensive them, when you buy your LED ask for resistors to go with them. cost about 50 cents each. plus you'll need shrink tubing for the connections.

bit expensive them, when you buy your LED ask for resistors to go with them. cost about 50 cents each. plus you'll need shrink tubing for the connections.

Glad you told me those were pricey! I bet I could get them cheaper at a local store.

Looks like I am going to get a parts bike! I will be taking what I need and posting good deals on here to share the wealth. Not sure the exact year on it but it doesnt have a title so perfect parts bike. I might hang on to the wheels, brakes and frontend if I ever decide to switch over.

Let me know if you guys need anything off of it.

Last edited:
Lost the parts bike, so there goes that!

I should be finishing up the frame soon, in the next couple of days. While I am thinking about it, christmas is coming up and I am getting asked what I want. If I plan on running pods and a 2-1 exhaust, is there a carb upgrade I should consider?

Last edited:
Get a gasket kit and a bunch of jets for the carbs as a minimum. And a filter for the crankcase vent. Changing to different carbs is probably beyond your skill set/experience, if you have to ask...

Dave

My question was more which carbs to get, not how to complete the swap.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this is all beyond my skill set ;) thats why im doing it

Last edited:
Okay. If you are up to the challenge then take a look at http://www.mikesxs.net/ for carbs, adapters, filters, cables, etc.

You will still have to go through the jetting process, and getting advice or recommendations will be limited. I haven't found much info here regarding carb changes.

If you do decide to go this route, please do lot's of research and planning. And document your progress in a thread here. I'm sure that you aren't the first person, nor the last, who is interested in changing carbs.

Regards,
Dave

Yup, I want to go that route for sure. I wont be set back by a challenge.

I am going to try with the stock carbs first.

No updates on the XS... so I am getting this cb360 tomorrow to ride around while I fix the xs.

Attachments

• 20130410_163845.jpg
    20130410_163845.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 308
  • 20130410_163858.jpg
    20130410_163858.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 296
  • 20130410_164004.jpg
    20130410_164004.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 308
Back