1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

FORK BRACE - HELP WANTED

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xsbeachhopper, Apr 20, 2020.

1. xsbeachhopper

xsbeachhopper XS400 Member

I'm looking for a fork brace and finding it really difficult finding one. I'm not that keen on the tacky race style ones or the Tarozzi ones. I'm looking for something like in the picture below. Does anyone know someone that could fab one, or anyone that might have something knocking around that they might part with please? Thanks. UK based. yamaha-xs650-fork-brace.jpg

2. I own a Torozzi brace and it looks pretty sharp!

Attached Files:

3. NewHavenMike

NewHavenMike 1976 XS360C Top Contributor

The original fender bracket works. Seems that later model XS400s have the bracket built in to the fender but my 360 has it specified as two different parts snd detaches easily.

Part # 1L9-21512-93

Its not a race spec part but its a solid piece of metal and it will do something, probably more than the one you pictured.

4. Nat X

Nat X XS400 Enthusiast

Are those braces even needed for everyday riding? I get it for "racing" purposes tho

5. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

Yes, braces are needed if you drive the bike on the road. Makes handling much better. Think of it like a sway bar on a car. Make the bikes front end more responsive. Less twisting.

Nat X likes this.
  6. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

That looks like it's made from aluminum plate and would flex a bit. I would think you'd need it to be a little bit more rigid.