Front Drum Brake levers, etc...

ToastLoader

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm getting an '80 XS400 Special II back road worthy after it apparently went down at some point.

Everything is going well, however I'm having a little trouble locating some front brake hardware for this bike, which has both front and rear drum brakes. Most of the parts on Mikes and others I think are for front disc brakes, which may have a larger brake switch and differently designed brake levers. I ordered the standard brake and switch from Mikes, but neither lever nor switch fit in the stock perch.

Here is the switch I think I need, (thank you to bcbobbers!)

I've found this on Ebay, but I was hoping to find something in a little better condition.

Has anyone seen this particular brake setup for sale?

And I want to thank you guys too! You all have been invaluable in helping me resurrect a cool old bike!

Plenty of bikes used a cable front brake with a switch. You can use any. Check out enduro's.

Also, you can take a clutch perch that has the switch and flip it upside down to use on the brake side. The mirror mount will be on bottom though if that matters to you.

Look up the part numbers and google them. Also put them into ebay. Lots of stuff there.

Back