Front drum brakes

nickklugs

Seems legit
Reaction score
So, I have a Xs360 (Haven't found out what year) but the front drum pads fell of the shoes. I don't want to but new ones so I was thinking/wondering if there is a strong enough adhesive that could glue 'em together? And I am guessing that gluing them together would be like this:bike: and then go to this :yikes: and eventually end up like this :mad:, So I was also wondering what other brake shoes are compatible with the xs360 because the ones I found were not cheap. So maybe there is some drum brake cross compatibility between Hondi and Kawi and Suzi?

You could glue them if you wanted to, that's how they are bonded from the factory. The person to ask would be a 3M engineer (yes, they actually do respond when you email them!!!!). They would have the proper adhesive.

But, for the price of the 3M chemicals, you could get a new set of pads cheaper :thumbsup:

Yeah, I was going to try to do that until I accidentally snapped one of the pads in half :shrug: But I found 10 replacement shoes on eBay that are brand new soooo...... :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Nick

The front and rear xs360/400 front and rear drum brake shoes are NOT the same. The front ones use a larger shoe than the rear.

They are. I have those Caltric ones on the rear and the EBC I posted earlier in the front.

Sorry, I only posted them because you were asking about rear drum size so I assumed you were also looking for cheap rear shoes.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, :) no the rear's are in good shape, for now, but in future if I need rear shoes, I know where to get 'em.

Thanks,
Nick

Back