Funny custom XS400

thegrouch

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if it's been already posted but I have been to a custom festival recently and found interesting mod on xs400. have a look here and look for "Janek" - funny custom based on XS400 (yellow/orange painting).

;)
regards

Funny bike. The reverse head has been done on bikes for decades and I first saw the clutch window back in the early 2000's on one of those biker build off shows. But it's still a cool crazy looking bike:thumbsup:

Hardtailed too, or is there a monoshock hiding in there somewhere?

At least they've put screen filters on the carbs.
Custom boots to make the carbs sit horizontally would look cool.
Curious where he got the alternator cover. Looks like another non-stock cover on the breather too. Can't tell if there's a breather pipe at all. Will look closer on a bigger screen....

I need to dig up the photos of the xs400 with adjustable front airbag suspension. It was monstrous.

think its a mono shock.
can't see a breather, but could be one of those flat ones with one way valve on

Very nice custom!

custom2016-2.jpg

custom2016-16.jpg

custom2016-17.jpg

I can't see how he would hid a shock in there. I think he just ysed rods to lock the stock suspension. It has a loop, but no shock mount that I can see.

I see the monoshock now. It's up by the exhaust. You can just see it in the second picture above, just past the muffler clamp.

And while we're on the subject of shocks:
fO0PajxZKiY.jpg
-ZosRbmIwmo.jpg
ElXmKwRkpck.jpg

Kinda looks like the TZR variants with reverse cylinders. They had a point though, that looks like it was done just for the hell of it.

Back