G-Max helmet brake light problems

Old Mose

Daily Rider
Reaction score
After my interface with a Jeep last year I purchased a G-Max safety green helmet that has a light on the back. I never used it but after a few months I saw an ad for a replacement light that functions as a brake light and I also purchased it. For the life of me I can't remember from who but it doesn't matter because they went out of business. I installed it and it worked great. I liked the high break light concept and had many drivers tell me tell me it was the first thing they saw when I put on brakes. After approximately 3 month the light started staying in all the time. Instructions on the card say if the light stayed on to replace the battery, I did and it worked 2 weeks and then came on full time again. Uses up batteries awful quick. As far as I could tell from the instructions it turn itself off after a period of non use and it did. I emailed G-Max twice about getting a replacement but don't even get an answer. By now its well out of warranty. Does anyone know where I can get another one? Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to explain it all.

I've honestly never seen this so I'm useless. But it sounds like its grounding out on something. Maybe you could throw in rechargeable LI batteries in there?

Attachments

• Brake light Helmet.jpg
    Brake light Helmet.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 193
You may be right but the whole unit is self contained and about the size of a magic marker. The battery pack is separate with two short wires. It uses 2 AAA batteries and I do have a few rechargeable ones. I may as well give it a try! Thanks

Back