1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Hageman build an XS400 Maxim!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bart-Maxim, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Petew

Petew XS400 True Believer

You finally find out what tank?

2. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

Why yes I did ;) and it is a yamaha tank..........

3. Bart-Maxim

Bart-Maxim XS400 Member

4. YamaholicMike

YamaholicMike XS400 Member

Hello! Probably everyone figured this out by now... but this is 100% a Yamaha vintage tank aged 13 years longer than the donor bike. Hope that means you like the bike more :)

Capture.JPG

5. YamaholicMike

Oh, and that this was the 6sp SECA. The donor was in really nice condition... almost hated to see her cut up (but that feeling faded).

6. petei

petei XS400 Addict

Where did he hide the battery? is it really under the seat? I didn't think you could get the cranking amps out of a battery that small.

or maybe it was that I couldn't get a battery that small with the cranking amps within my tiny budget...

7. YamaholicMike

Hi petie,
    The battery is tucked under the transmission at the back, It's a lithium ion job, so it's pretty small and light.

8. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

@YamaholicMike is this your wifes bike ? I read the few articles I could find after Bart started this thread. Hell I have a 82 or 83 DOHC bike in pieces.......loved the build and someday will finish mine.

Post up pics if iy is we all love pics ;)

9. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

Thanks! not sure what is it but I love the mono shock yamis…….

YamaholicMike likes this.
  10. YamaholicMike

They are just tidy and clean looking, to me anyway Hageman has done well with the Gen 1 virago xv bikes (I have the second one he did in the series), and this little 400 is like a 3/4 scale xv, with its monocoque no-down-tube frame and monoshock.

spectra likes this.
  11. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

Yes he has the market on the XV series. I am working on a 920 now and in the end may just do big and little...….