Had her For 10 days: CRASHED IT!

EZ-RHINO

XS400 Member
Reaction score
50F506A3-229A-4523-A5F1-1B2B8BA85778.jpeg
low speed collision / front end rt Fork inner bent

Now, I charged battery electrical is wiggy
Bike dumped on left side
Shift shaft is slightly bent : shift pedal destroyed foot peg the same clutch handle destroyed. When I use blinkers they just light up no blink??
Gunna tweak the handle bar spacers back now and investigate a lil light electrical issues.

No fluids leaking
Not one drop

I have to roll: dump it down the hill to start it in the morning but after work when it’s been out in the sun it e starts rt up. I’m tracking a bad strator - relay has a good hard click bike doesn’t charge to well batteries NEW but acid levels were low and different : filled baffles back up

Front sprocket NUT CAME OFF last weekend that was interesting but I figured it out and pooped it back on without incident

Who thinks I should just hone these handle bars out and dump start this on my hill right NOW RT front fork a lil geezey but it’s at the top near the tree and all seals are stable tire and rim undamaged.
YEEEHAAAw! = for dump the clutch

HELLNAwwH= for im an idiot

Welcome.

Was there something you wanted to ask about or need help with?

Low speed collision? You pulled your brake in a turn?

Post a real photo of said damage.

Your chain doesnt hit the swingarm with those shocks? they seem pretty long.

98E3CB54-8EF1-43E2-93F4-CF9BA86578EA.jpeg
Well... repairs are new front forks triple tree and real problem I noticed was that the kick start seems to not disengage with the clutch like it used to it’s like permanently locked in

Bikes flooded real good from moving it in and out of trucks

Also my clutch pedal shaft is slightly bent leaving me to believe that it could be the reason for kick starter not free spoiling properly if they interact id love to know how or why cuz if it requires a little play in the clutch shaft then that’s my solve replacing clutch shaft. Also doing that myself ordered part and would like to know more about that operation

Swing arm ? Describe

Base of shock coil is about 3/4 from top of top chain! However if swing arm is the back bottom transition of the frame where the tire connects then yes that chain is slightly touching it without tension could be the source of a slight pinging I been hearing. Maybe a slightlybigger diameter front sprocket could resolve that and give it clearance. Idk
Front impact rt side carried through slightly but left side went down on shifter hard handle bars tweaked spacer bolts triple tree shifted up 1/2 inch inner rt Fork bent 8-10 degrees raising triple tree lower flange both bottom rubber bushings are exposed all will be replaced.

Most concerned about failure to disengage the damn kickstart tmrw i’ll Pull that apart post a picture of anything out of place

Attachments

• 09A01AD5-A246-463A-A94C-B49411B6397F.jpeg
    09A01AD5-A246-463A-A94C-B49411B6397F.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 352
Follow a dumb old woman show left blinker
Slide to the right she turns off into the break down lane ona 2 lane road go back to pass on the left as she’s off the road way she bombs out in front of me executing an illegal u turn I t bone her on the double yellow cops say they can’t determine fault cuz there were no skid marks couldn’t commit to rear brakes no time and didn’t want my foot and ankle to be busy doing anything when a 505 lb bike came whipping around. Front wheel buckled slamming rt handle bar off of car and went quickly to the deck sparing me from being sandwich meat brought it down to about 12 15 mph hockey checked this ladies door fractured my arm bruised kidney cracked ribs and bruised left testicle ohhh and a concision

View attachment 33922 low speed collision / front end rt Fork inner bent

Bike dumped on left side
Shift shaft is slightly bent : shift pedal destroyed foot peg the same clutch handle destroyed. When I use blinkers they just light up no blink??
Gunna tweak the handle bar spacers back now and investigate a lil light electrical issues.

No fluids leaking
Not one drop

I have to roll: dump it down the hill to start it in the morning but after work when it’s been out in the sun it e starts rt up. I’m tracking a bad strator - relay has a good hard click bike doesn’t charge to well batteries NEW but acid levels were low and different : filled baffles back up

Front sprocket NUT CAME OFF last weekend that was interesting but I figured it out and pooped it back on without incident

Who thinks I should just hone these handle bars out and dump start this on my hill right NOW RT front fork a lil geezey but it’s at the top near the tree and all seals are stable tire and rim undamaged.

okay bikes repaired ish
i got it running thanks to some smooth advice from like 4-5 members of counsel and xs400 members
they said well it needs to be in neutral to make sure it can hit without moving the bike / start effectively. I 'm like shit they are right i
ll try that barely touched it once i got it engaged (which was tricky bc my shifting shaft i havent replaced yet anyway. ditched the rear fender don't really dig it and it has been a bitch pain to paint properly. look uniuque sure but i want a brat cafe racer look dirty rusty torn and beat up. So i crashed it july 10th and that worked great
i'd like to know if anyone knows proper torque for crank sprocket and if anyone would denounce the application of locktight blue thread lock its the non permanent version. to which please note: this crank bolt has fallen off and made me physically pull the crank left clutch cable housing. 3 times now so i'm retired from this shit. until i swap out for a new clutch pack new shifting rod and PMA stator battery delete.

View attachment 33922 low speed collision / front end rt Fork inner bent

Bike dumped on left side

No fluids leaking
Not one drop

I chose to listen to smart ppl and put the bike into neutral duhhh wheres my car! But my wet clutch had flooded though bc of the crash I think making my wet clutch super saturated. Anyway had it running about 2 days after this post. Running its Crank sprocket nutS off !! 4x I been stranded and pulled my shift cable cover off I'm a pro AT THAT! Took it OPEN COUNTRY in the Rockies place called Gilman Tunnel 3 miles NW of san yasidro nm. Google earth that place I was about 11 miles deep on controlled burn trails and had a wild time in Bear Country actually. BEAR EVERYWHERE every 200 ft on these access roads which was a little scary to be honest when you pick your bike up 6x's in a day come tell me about it. LoVE to hear all about it. I had to pass my bike on its side under road blockades x10 to of the five going in you almost need to dismount bike to do them safely.
Stripped tail fender plastic and tank
Sanded them each x3 with :60:80:100:220:320:400:600:
Cross etchin curved surfaces using used 60/80 foam 3m blocks as the block for other papers as well- that's ket curved sanding block works miracles my tank had 3 holes that I filled with real ass tank repair binary compound sanded that down bonded new lines blended feathered primed first with easy sand bare metal primer stuffs amazing and comes out fast and thick fills really well sand up pretty like you know. Going to complete painting / pinstriping heard about a tripple coat eggshell that 79650DAYTONA'S USED TO REP
Might try for it but I like the antique off white look think it will sun bleach into a matte arid sand color really well too. I'd like to acid rust sections where I can- if i can oxidize metal with muriatic acid soaked cotton idk i want the punisher skull as high glossed rusty /clean on the bare metal area
That's where I'm at lost the tail fender
Like a more chopped look. I'm ghosting for everyone's tier
Bobber, Brat, Cafe, Enduro, motocross, drag interchange my hubs and wheels and bars and chain length. DONE. I started this project pulling duct tape off the tank

Back