Sold / Found / Inactive - Hard bags, sissy bar, and crash bars for a Special in Minneapolis

markmakeitso

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. Friend of mine bought an 80 XS400 Special, and doesn't want the hard bags, sliding sissy bar, or crash bar that came with it. Promised to post up to see if anyone wants to snag them. Looks like decent condition, although not completely sure all the hardware is present.

I'll try to get some pics and check that we have a key for the bags the next time I'm out in the garage.

$30 for the whole pile perhaps? Shoot me an offer though.
Local pickup only please, I'm in MInneapolis MN 55404

Thanks,
Mark

Hi SoulMan,
Sorry for the wait. Finally got out to take some pics. Have more, but I'll just put the 3 in for now. Got a key that turns both locks on the bags. Look like decent/good shape, although paint could use some touch up if desired. One has the seal, which needs some glue. The other bag has some improvised foam material along 2 edges. Don't have any hardware for the crash bars, so can't really weigh in on how it attaches. The rear seatback has nice leather and the brackets are in good shape.
$30 seems like a nice price honestly. I've sold similar condition hard bags for a GL500 for $100. I'll just use it for plugs and the other little bits I've put on my friend's 400.
IMG_20190823_191255451.jpg
IMG_20190823_191359191.jpg
IMG_20190823_191421482.jpg

The crash bar still available? That's the only piece i would be interested in but id also need it shipped to Homestead,FL 33033.

If you wouldn't mind quoting the crash bar shipped to Homestead, FL 33033 id appreciate it.
Thanks again.

Hello everyone,
Still have these parts if anyone is interested. Trying to get some breathing room in the garage. Local pickup preferred, as shipping costs for any of them are prohibitive.
Thanks,
Mark

Still have available I assume. I assume these could mount on an 80 xs400g. Is that correct?

Hi SoulMan,
Yes, they're available. A pox on Yamaha for their multitude of overlapping models, but I believe the donor is the "XS 400SG 3F9" from this page:
http://xs400.net/wb/pages/ueber-die-xs400/xs-400-modelle.php

Would love if someone took them off my hands. Garage is pretty tight, I'm eyeing up another project bike, and the 400 won't leave for a few more weeks. You don't happen to have a front fender in decent shape, do you? Mine is pretty rough and a trade would be great .

I just have the ones I am using for my bike and my buddies bike. I dont have much by the way of spare parts. Yeah I would guess they would fit. I do have a spot on my frame in the back where I suspect it would mount and that part of my frame is broken. I believe it is a mounting spot for the grab bar. Do the hard bags mount in the same spot?

I just have the ones I am using for my bike and my buddies bike. I dont have much by the way of spare parts. Yeah I would guess they would fit. I do have a spot on my frame in the back where I suspect it would mount and that part of my frame is broken. I believe it is a mounting spot for the grab bar. Do the hard bags mount in the same spot?

Oooh, I'd have to dig them out and mock up how the went on. Only briefly saw the rear rest and hard bags.on the bike. I do know there are special studs still on there for the upper shock mounts. Got another forum member looking for the regular bolts, the studs are required for mounting, but I also need replacements for my bike.

Hi SoulMan,
Took a few more pictures out in the garage, uploaded to my flickr album for the XS:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35465757@N05/albums/72157714124790748
Hopefully that takes you there. I vaguely remembered the turn signals had to come off and were built into the hard bags instead. Tried to hold the brackets in position like they would mount, not sure how any of those frame bosses you have remaining though. I don't have much for hardware with them unfortunately, might take a couple trips to the hardware store.

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for posting that. I assume the seat attaches to the sissy bar. Is that correct?

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for posting that. I assume the seat attaches to the sissy bar. Is that correct?
The two silver rail pieces appear to attach to the upper shock mounting studs and then to probably the holes below the turn signal stalk holes. Then the back rest mounts to both of those. The hard bags attach at the passenger peg mounting points and then at the turn signal stalk mounts themselves. Faaaairly sure of all that.

Back