Hardtailed77's "Re-build Thread"

Didn't you get my PM from last Friday with the pictures?
Yeah, I got it Trav. Sorry for not PM'ing back yet. I work on a boat, and the service has been pretty crappy lately. It will let me reply to threads, but not to a PM for some reason. I get home on the 2nd of Feb., so I will get with you then to make some arrangements. Thanks for getting back to me man!!

^ Hey no problem! Just wanted to make sure you got the pictures.. Get back to me whenever you get a chance.
Just found out, I should be getting a HUGE bonus around Valentine's Day!!! Almost $7,000!!!!!!!! WOO HOO! I'll definitely be picking up your kit and plates soon Trav!

Now if I can just keep from buying a 650, I may get some work on the 400 done!! hahaha

That's an awesome bonus! Congrats!
Thanks man! It's been a pretty good year. The company I work for was purchased by an investment company early last year. The grapevine says they buy companies, dump tons of money into them, and try to force other companies in the same field out of business. Kind of messed up, but what can you do?

you could have your frame made from CNC billet!
Could I guess......but then I'd have a CNC billet frame, and no money left over for anything else on the bike! haha I'm definitely ready to get some sort of work on the bike done. I've managed to only clean, rebuild, paint, and polish the carbs so far.....and even that may have been a waste, since I plan on converting to a single carb. Oh well! haha

put the clutch lever on the jockey shift.
but angled more and with a smaller clutch lever.
snakeskingreen650.jpg

if you use the second one, give me some credit. i wanna do this, but since i like you and youve helped me out, i figured i would pass it onto you. im gonna wait till im a better rider (or know how) before i jockey shift my bike.

Last edited:
put the clutch lever on the jockey shift.
but angled more and with a smaller clutch lever.
snakeskingreen650.jpg

or this
Shifter4.jpg

that 2 finger might be a little hard, but a wider one would do the trick. make sure you got a pool ball or something easily grabbable on top.

if you use the second one, give me some credit. i wanna do this, but since i like you and youve helped me out, i figured i would pass it onto you. im gonna wait till im a better rider (or know how) before i jockey shift my bike.
Yeah, I thought about putting the clutch on the shifter, but I would have to use an old set of bars or something to make the shifter out of so the clutch handle would sit right. I just wasn't sure how I would like the look of a "handlebar"sized shifter.....just seems bulky sounding to me I guess. The one above doesn't look bad though.

Sweet idea on the B&M.....I bet that would be sick looking and pretty easy to do. I'm gonna let you keep it for yourself man, but I definitely appreciate the offer. I'm not one to take others secrets, you know? With the way you're thinking up these ideas on your build, I getting pretty stoked to see you make some progress. I only wish I didn't have to work so much, so I could make some too! haha

dude, take it, i have to learn to ride my bike before i jockey shift it lol. i would rather have you use my idea than anyone else.
Your idea kinda got my mind thinking.....I may have something in store. Sort of a "take" on the "easiness" of your idea. Gotta think it over though and see if I can even get it to work. lol

Back