Has anyone tried using a RU-2970 K&N air filter?

Hello,
I know oem is the best option

But in my country I don't find filters form my type of airbox and worldwide they don't ship here. I've bought K&N after I saw this topic because I didn't had to many options not for "performace"

By writing here I hope to get some answers from Lasse or Oldgeek or anybody else that uses that K&N filter on their bikes.

Sorry for bothering.

I have run K&N filter on my xs400 bikes before. I have run them on the stock H-pipe. I ran two different ones. One set was for the xs360/400 from back in the 70's and a set that where much larger. Both ran ok but I was also running xs360 carbs which tune for lean setups much better.
DSC03113.JPG DSC03114.JPG DSC03145.JPG

Hello,
I know oem is the best option

But in my country I don't find filters form my type of airbox and worldwide they don't ship here. I've bought K&N after I saw this topic because I didn't had to many options not for "performace"

By writing here I hope to get some answers from Lasse or Oldgeek or anybody else that uses that K&N filter on their bikes.

Sorry for bothering.
To answer your question, Alex, you'll need to rejet up a size or more if you use this filter. I was planning on using this as well until my plans changed. Get a few main jets and go up to a #45 pilot and spend a day or two dialing it in.

Back