Have a look at these sparkplugs

NewHavenMike

1976 XS360C
Top Contributor
Reaction score
973B2C7E-59A8-46D9-B4A4-10C2F88711E7.jpeg

I think they look pretty good for an aircooled bike? What do you think. I have been tinkering with the idle mix screws lately. The base ring looks alittle darker than it actually is but still very slightly rich.

Im having issues lately on full throttle. When i hit 8.5k rpm on the dot. I get a misfire as if i run out of fuel.. happens in 1st and 2nd as far as i know. I didnt want to push it too far on the street..

I thought it was an electrical problem.. tested coils, boots and battery and they all check out. I ordered a NOS condenser anyways and new wires. Also have a couple sets of coils.

Ugh im dreading messing with jetting again, but the plugs dont give a huge idication that im very lean or rich.

I was thinking of raising the needle one step. I have it dropped one step from stock right now.

Ive never had any problem like this until now.

I still need to check the points and timing and carb sync..

Could this high rpm misfire be a sign of worn points?

I did a check-over on the carbs when I took it out of hibernation. I really don't want to deal with carbs just yet. I am hoping this is a sign of worn points. They have maybe 2000 miles on them. There is a very small oil leak at the cam seal too so the contacts could be dirty.. Im due for an oil change around 500 miles so that's when im getting to work. Ill do 500 miles in a week or two..

Back