Headlamp bulb??

I run the Candlepower light at HoughMade's link. It works well. The website says they're out of stock, but you might be able to find one somewhere for far cheaper than the Yamaha light, plus you can easily buy new bulbs for it instead of needing a sealed beam.

you guy's in the US have sealed beams, with the european variants, you can just replace the candle!
if you have Honda superdreams out there, that headlamp is a direct replacemnet aparantly and is H4 unsealed type

Drewpy, that is good to know!

I know from experience the Candlepower replacement reflectors work great on '80 & '81 XS400s. Pre-'80 may be problematic as some have mentioned. I like using the SilverStar Ultra H4 55/60W bulbs. Bright white with great night visibility. I use these bulbs on all my vehicles, including my just sold motor scooter.

Drewpy, that is good to know!

I know from experience the Candlepower replacement reflectors work great on '80 & '81 XS400s. Pre-'80 may be problematic as some have mentioned. I like using the SilverStar Ultra H4 55/60W bulbs. Bright white with great night visibility. I use these bulbs on all my vehicles, including my just sold motor scooter.

I used one on my '79, but i did have to cut the tab for the adjusting screw off the old bulb and attach it to the new headlight. With that done, I am a big fan of the Candlepower unit.

Back