Hello from Canada, my '81 xs400 ...

neil

XS400 Member
Reaction score
A friendly hello to you all from Ontario Canada,

In the fall I bought my first bike, this 1981 xs400 special ll heritage, only 4000km. I'm a Honda fan but when I sat on this the first time it just felt right. Previous to me, shes been in storage for many years, not perfect but good enough.
So far I put new tubes and tires, rebuilt the petcock (fuel valve), took apart and cleaned the carbs, synced the carbs, and added a fuel filter. Slowly bring her back to life.

A big thank you to all on this site, your posts and responses have been extremely helpful for me getting into this. Glad to see people that answer questions , no matter how basic, with respect.

Can't wait for the snow to melt and to learn to ride on the streets.

Take care
20190204_144922.jpg
20190204_144933.jpg
20190204_144915.jpg

Thanks!
I've done quite a bit of work to it to replace all the dried out rubbers on her. Got it running well, still tinkering and learning as I go.

A big thank you to everyone on here for their help and advice.

Signal Question: My turning signals often turn off by them selves. They should, in theory stay on until I turn them off, correct? ( I know wrong section)

Hi, some models had a self cancellation unit for signals. I just unplugged and removed mine. Yes, so much knowledge on this site and very helpful folk. I worked in Canada for couple of years....loved it, great country. Looks like bike is coming along nicely

Back