1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Canada, my '81 xs400 ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by neil, Feb 4, 2019.

1. neil

neil XS400 New Member

A friendly hello to you all from Ontario Canada,

In the fall I bought my first bike, this 1981 xs400 special ll heritage, only 4000km. I'm a Honda fan but when I sat on this the first time it just felt right. Previous to me, shes been in storage for many years, not perfect but good enough.
    So far I put new tubes and tires, rebuilt the petcock (fuel valve), took apart and cleaned the carbs, synced the carbs, and added a fuel filter. Slowly bring her back to life.

A big thank you to all on this site, your posts and responses have been extremely helpful for me getting into this. Glad to see people that answer questions , no matter how basic, with respect.

Can't wait for the snow to melt and to learn to ride on the streets.

Take care
    20190204_144922.jpg 20190204_144933.jpg 20190204_144915.jpg

2. Specdog

Specdog XS400 Addict

Hi and a belated welcome to the forum. You have a nice looking Special.

neil likes this.
  3. dreamhard

dreamhard XS400 New Member

What a beauty!

neil likes this.
  4. Dan

Dan XS400 Enthusiast

Looks great, very clean

neil likes this.
  5. neil

neil XS400 New Member

Thanks!
    I've done quite a bit of work to it to replace all the dried out rubbers on her. Got it running well, still tinkering and learning as I go.

A big thank you to everyone on here for their help and advice.

Signal Question: My turning signals often turn off by them selves. They should, in theory stay on until I turn them off, correct? ( I know wrong section)

6. Dan

Dan XS400 Enthusiast

Hi, some models had a self cancellation unit for signals. I just unplugged and removed mine. Yes, so much knowledge on this site and very helpful folk. I worked in Canada for couple of years....loved it, great country. Looks like bike is coming along nicely

neil likes this.