Hello from KCMO all fellow xs400 enthusiasts!

fb0mber

fb0mber
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post and say hi to all. I'm definetly happy to find this new forum dedicated to the great xs400's, looks great, super active, lots of info, looks like i'll be on here alot! Now to finish this up so I can do some lurkin...

Basically, my first bike was an xs400, years later, regretting selling my first bike I got another one. I think I like to wrench as much as I like to ride and this is a perfect opportunity for me to hang in the garage, wrenchin', drinkin, spending some quality time with my old man and my machine.

So here's where I'm at so far, I got the bike home, it's in pieces (pics on my little blog deal at roadsideswagger.blogspot.com ) I've spent the last month working on the carbs, makin' a plan etc. Tomorrow morning, or whenever I wake up, it will be changing oil/filter/spark plugs, kickin' her and seeing what happens. I have my fingers crossed for spark :D

I'll lurk around a bit, maybe start a thread on my build with some pictures, try to list some stuff on the classifieds.... I've got a ton of 400 parts from this bike just sittin' in a corner. I'm new to this forum thing so I suppose we'll see what happens. Anyways, I look forward to sucking your brains of all of your xs400 information and sharing what I can! Happy new years everyone!!!!

PS: I'm always down to ride so if any of you are in the area, traveling or whatever I'd be glad to share some road with ya. I'm thinking an xs400 meetup sometime when this awesome winter weather clears up :bike: ?

Welcome. Glad to have you here. Ever since I found this forum, I've been on just about everyday, if not 2 or 3 times a day! lol It's a great place. I would love to see your build, and may be interested in a few parts as well.

What up bro? Welcome to the site! You'll definitely have to start a build thread.

I'll be down for a ride once I get mine going. I'm just a tank or two north of you.

Thanks everyone! I'll definetly have to start a build thread, with pics of course! It'll be a little bit, probably a month or so I'm guessing. New job, moving, the project's about 3 hours away from me at my parents place now, no garage at the new place etc etc. I tried to work on it a bit this weekend but the heater in the garage broke, I froze my ass off, fought for forever trying to get the carb back on the bike with frozen carb boots lol, got the carbs on then realized I forgot the hose clamps, stripped the oil filter bolt.... It just wasn't my day in the garage. Anyways, enough of my bitchin', I'll post the details in an appropriate thread when I get the moving situation figured out, thanks for the warm welcome fellas!

Thanks everyone! I'll definetly have to start a build thread, with pics of course! It'll be a little bit, probably a month or so I'm guessing. New job, moving, the project's about 3 hours away from me at my parents place now, no garage at the new place etc etc. I tried to work on it a bit this weekend but the heater in the garage broke, I froze my ass off, fought for forever trying to get the carb back on the bike with frozen carb boots lol, got the carbs on then realized I forgot the hose clamps, stripped the oil filter bolt.... It just wasn't my day in the garage. Anyways, enough of my bitchin', I'll post the details in an appropriate thread when I get the moving situation figured out, thanks for the warm welcome fellas!
We all have days like that...it gets better!

the heater in the garage broke, I froze my ass off!

It still aint working right, lol! I froze my ass off last night, but I got parts for my scoot so they had to go on!! A few "adult beverages" helped make the cold a little more bearable:cheers:

This year I bought a kerosene heater off of Craigslist (the same 23,000 btu model that Home Depot sells).

It heats my two car garage to 65 degrees when the outside temp is in the twenties. One of the best things I ever bought.

I bought a used furnace off craigslist from a fella who took advantage of the energy rebate tax cut...$150 furnace(lennox) new plenum thermostat and the garage is toasty whenever I want it to be....got $250 in the whole setup...sure is nice...but I still want to move to Arizona!!!!LOL

Back