hello from Wisconsin

dirtyharry

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New owner here. Well not quite in my possession yet, my trailer is buried under a pile of snow so need some warm weather. I've been searching for a good cheap bike to buy that I can dismantle and customize to my liking. Well I found out a friend had a 78 xs400 he didn't want so I did some digging and it's exactly what I was looking for. I was astonished on how large the xs community is and am excited to get started. The bike runs and drives, from what I'm told is the petcock leaks and may need carbs cleaned . Tires are dry rotted but hold air. Otherwise bike is in good shape except it's bone stock. That Will not last. I'm into the bobber/chopper look and that what I'm heading for. I'm no good at welding by any means and I have never built on a bike at all so I'm here to get ideas , suggestions, and hopefully some good places to get parts. I'm probably going to do some minor changes when I get it then ride it for the summer all while getting the parts and come next winter it will be tear down time. Wish me luck, I'm sure I'll need it.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• received_10153046407933607.jpg
    received_10153046407933607.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 312
Back