Hello! New member with Seca Build

user11206

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the forums, I have an 83 Seca that I am converting into a cafeish sort of bike crossed with a street fighter sort of theme (I guess lol). You guys have been great with getting info from the site and have helped me out a lot.

What has been done:

Bike was an ugly purple colour that some painted over from the original, bike was sitting around for a long time. Everything was sanded, primed and painted. The logo has been removed from the tank and body filled - going to a vinyl decal. The bike is going to be a Dark British racing green with gold plastidipped rims.

The handle bars back been changed to clip ons and front forks lowered a touch.
Gauge clusters removed and being changed to two pod style Chrome gauges, with a custom built led annunciator panel.

All brackets have been removed and sand blasted and powder coated satin black. The rear mud fender has been removed and the metal portion underneath retained as the mud guard.

All of the wiring is getting sleeved with finger trap style sleeve and laced like an aircraft wiring harness as required.

I am installing an electric tachometer, does anyone know what wire off the TCI I should pick up my signal from?

These are pics of where I was and where I am today, enjoy! Feed is appreciated!

Sorry images out of order...

Welcome neighbor!

Looks like you have made some progress towards getting your bike the way you want it. Lacing the wiring harness, you must be a glutton for punishment! I haven't touched my roll of lacing cord in years. Nylon ties are just too easy. I'd caution you to carefully consider how you wrap the wiring harness. I made the mistake of combining the engine harness with part of the chassis harness, and will have to unwrap it before I can remove the engine...

Keep us posted on your progress!

Dave

Been working on my SECA build, got the tail section completely finished, and frame repainted in gloss black. Painted the forks, and cleaned/serviced/ and painted the brake caliper.

I turned on a lathe a plug to remove the cable tach in favour for an electric on. You will see the finished product in my hand with an o-ring.

Also, because I am removing the original gauges, I have constructed my annuciator panel complete with LED's. Appreciate the feedback.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 328
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 328
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 324
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg