Hellow. I'm new around here. I sell xs400 1982

Daril400

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hellow people! I'm new around here. I am an xs400 1982 owner. I want to sell it. It is a little restored, it is have license, sings and premiums. It is in mother condition. Works perfect and it is serviced. With 82.000K/m The price is 3000 euros. P1030078.jpg

P1030082.jpg

P1030077.jpg

P1030079.jpg

P1030081.jpg[/ATTACH]

P1030085.jpgP1030078.jpg

Welcome to the forum. It's a decent looking bike. At 82k has it had any non-cosmetic work?
The price is 3000 euros.
Holy crap!
Around here that price is insanely high, and prices here are already inflated.

BTW, we do have a section for buying and selling.

Of curse it is! Actually i try to save the amount of money that spended for the service: colored and lamination tank, new bolts, new frond wind and back wing both of them nickel chromed, new steering wheel, new battery, apparaled seat, cleaned carburetors, new disc and tires and handmade exhausts! Plus the license the sings and premiums. Have you any idea about the cost of those thinks??? And dont forget the customs clearance. So i dont believe that is "crazy money"

Last edited:
BBS360
Thank you. It hasn't. It is serviced by profesional engineer not from an amateur. Sorry about the post place but i was confused about how to write a post. As i said about the price i only try to save the money that i spend, not to make an extra profit.

Unfortunately, unless you're a professional "builder" with name recognition, you'll very rarely recoup expenses selling a bike like this.
Most of the work you've done has increased its subjective value to you, but not necessarily the bike's inherent value to a potential buyer.
All the money you spent on any professional work, rather than doing it yourself, is probably money you will not get back.

The lack of engine work on a bike with 82k raises some red flags for buyers.
If you could show that some of the bike's important measurements/readings are within spec it'd go a long way to convincing a buyer that it's worth the asking price. At the very least list the cylinder compression readings.

For a bike to be worth that money it needs to show some refinement and quality. Get rid of some of that rust, clean up the grease, polish some of that metal.
Do something with those empty badge mounting points on the tank.

I hope it goes well.

Also meant to add: listing anything added to the bike that itself could have any brand recognition could help.
"____" brand handlebars
Seat redone by "_____" upholstery shop
New "____" brand tires, installed and balanced by "____" shop.
Chrome done by "____"

As for the license and insurance (?) premiums. You don't get those back. That's simply an expense of owning a bike, just like gasoline.

This might actually be the better forum section for this thread. I don't think anyone on this site will buy it for that price but you might be able to get some pointers for selling it elsewhere.

Im not sure about it been in 'mother' condition. Its all relative though, I would hate to see a rat bike over there lol. Lets be honest though, this bike looks used, tired and in need of a lotta love.

Something weird is going on with the front guard, the rear guard has a big friggin hole in it, the seat looks just god awful, the tyres are shot, theres rust all over it, its missing side covers, and to top it off it has high klm's.

In my books its a peice of crap.

Sorry but if you want to ask 3000 euro (thats over 4000 here) for a bike that is worth probably $200 give or take, well I think we are entitled to express our opinion on it :shrug:

Indeed. When you have an old motorcyrcle like that you have too choose between two paths. 1. Keep it because it is emotinal worth for you or 2. sell it to make money. For me im with the first path because it was my father motorcycle and i would like to rebuild it. But recently my father bought a Harley Davidson Iron 883 with measures, it was her lifes dream and we decide to sell our yamaha and redeem the Iron measures faster. What is your opinion about that facts?

People want antiques in original condition, you're trying to sell a chipped, cracked teapot with a hole in the bottom for 3000. You've done nothing to make this a better motorcycle other than some cosmetic stuff.

But hey what do we know, best of luck on the sale.

These bikes are not antiques, nor are they collectable.

Pre war bikes would be antiques. Old Vincent's, Norton's, etc are collectibles. What you have is a $250 parts commuter bike.

Back