Hey y'all

Lonestar Cruzer

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post up an introduction as is courtesy in most forums. I go by Lonestar Cruzer or TexasZG1K. I live in a small town less than an hour outside of the DFW area, and restoring/modifying bikes is a hobby for me. I used to work professionally as a mechanic working on everything from go-karts to cars/trucks and rock crawlers. I currently ride an '03 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours (custom) as my daily, and do not own a cager. I picked up an '81 XS400 Special in boxes for around $75 on 5-miles at the beginning of the year and am finally getting started on her. I'm going to clean/grind/sand/polish the engine, and do the frame and tank up in gloss military green, and retrofit some of my 40mm ammo cans for saddle bags.

I have to say, I wasn't planning on joining a forum or group for this bike, but at some point during tear-down of the engine I just kept thinking to myself "Man, this is such an easy bike" (with the exception of the point cover). I don't think I'm going to sell her once she's finished. I've been missing my Grom too much since I let it go, and the ZG1K isn't the most practical bike to throw a leg over for a 2 minute trip around town. I'm hoping the community is as accommodating as these old bikes seem to be.

P.S. If you're in the DFW area and having some problems, hit me up. I've got more tools than you can shake a Cornwell truck at.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a simple and fun project. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Back