Holy Grail of XS400 Big Bore Pistons

I must be doing well then I have had both bikes up to 100mph a few times and that was not at red line, but close. It did take a while and if I had more road I think I could have done a bit more. I also have the 16/37 sprockets maybe if you ran 17/35 you could get a lot more top speed out of it. For me that was a lot faster than I want to got on these bikes. It felt like they where floating off the ground:eek: even more with my 45lbs lighter than stock bike. My buddy was impressed but he blew by me with his gxsr like I was on a moped:laugh:

I hope to never find out what feels like going 100mph on xs400:laugh:I got my bike up close to 70 in about a mile length of road then I had to slam on the brakes.That was scary enough for me.

I regulary ride at 80, especially on the C class roads in blighty. they just beg for me tear arsing around!

It wasnt the speed that scared me it was the fact I ran out of road and slam the brakes.I wish the transmissions on these bikes were spread out more on the gearing.Especialy between 4-5th and 6th.

I love watching those vids but I would never want to go that fast on a bike. I don't think my heart would take it :laugh:

One time I tested my gsx-r out. I was banging off the rev limiter in 4th gear at 155 mph. Since then I haven't tried again :eek:

155mph on 2 wheels is insane,I like living on the edge sometimes but for me to ride a bike that fast,No thanks I`ll have to pass.Now give me race car thats a different story.

not true...im still here. i am finishing up with machining school. have been trying to get my home shop done as well. I have a lighter crank...will decide what to do after that. Also have a vintage dragbike frame I picked up...its coming together slowly!

little sneak peak.

Attachments

• justin collier vintage frame.jpg
    justin collier vintage frame.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 500
That frame is awesome. Will you be able to get headers in there with the double tube frame?

not true...im still here. i am finishing up with machining school. have been trying to get my home shop done as well. I have a lighter crank...will decide what to do after that. Also have a vintage dragbike frame I picked up...its coming together slowly!

sweet! I was just teasing:poke: incidently, is the xs250 cam an option (being lighter) I think you guys were were discussing it earlier? I have one I can sell if anyone wants it :smoke: just pulled it from a motor im breaking its in great condition.

the xs250 cam is exactly the same as the 400, except Germany who have a power limit so its not as "lumpy"

Back