Home powder coating

Under Dog

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I was just given about 100 pounds of black powder coat -- free! :thumbsup:
Now I've got to figure out how to use it. All I've got for equipment at this point is an old toaster oven.

Do any of you powder coat in your garages? What do you use for a gun? What other tools/equipment will I need?

I've got the powder coating kit from Eastwood Works great but I've heard even the harbor freight ones work good so all you should need is a compressor and a decently clean place to do it. I would recommend looking for a old oven and a laser thermometer

Posted via Mobile

I'm not overly bright so I don't but a paper dust mask should be plenty you only use a little pressure so it's not like its blowing every where just make sure you have a clean area and no breezes to blow the dust around. There are some home powder coating forums out there that I checked out in the beginning Google it and check them out

Posted via Mobile

I started with a harbor freight gun and a kitchen oven a few years ago, had good results with it but your limited with those guns. Single coat is fine but that's about it.
I now have a pro gun and 4x4x6 oven. Powder coating has become a major part of our shop. If you really want to learn about jump on the forum at powder365.com

Back