Hornix cafe racer

Thanks im kinda new to the site so it would be apprecieted not to get on my case for just simply askinga question cause I thought maybe someone would know where i could g
et one

Posted via Mobile

Thanks for posting drewpy and hornix. It's really cool to see such a nice xs setup with the old tank. I've been on the fence about the looks my old tank but seeing yours was inspirational :) Now I can't wait to find a nice paint scheme for it.

Looking forward to seeing how your newest project will turn out

Thanks im kinda new to the site so it would be apprecieted not to get on my case for just simply askinga question cause I thought maybe someone would know where i could g
et one

Posted via Mobile

you already made a tread about it. read through this thread and your own and figure it out from there.NOTHING at this time is a direct bolt on. bring your seat pan to an upholsterer and have him do work. that way it will bolt right up. no need to hijack someone elses thread. end of dicussion.

I found a set of downpipes on a Dutch auctionsite. Mint condition, the add said. The seller was right, after a few hours of cleaning and polishing they look like new. Just what the grasshopper needed :)
DSCN3392Custom.jpg

ride on.....

that chrome does wonders. i want you to know the lines of your bike give me mad inspiration to get more work done on mine. how do you like your rearsets, and where did you get them?

Last edited:
i guess the question i really should have asked was, did you order them straight from raask? they don't list a model that is direct bold on to our '77's did you use the 81 82 model?

how much the end up costing u if u dont mind me asking... i was going to try to retro fit a set from an r1 but if i can get these cheaper then ill get a set too. if they wil ship to the us that is.

Not meaning to hijack this thread but there is a guy on xs650.com and dotheton.com that fans for 650s for a lot less and if we can get him the chunk of frame with the mounts he may be able to start fabbing sets for our bikes

Posted via Mobile

It's been a long time since I've been here, more a reader than a writer:wink2:
Last week I found a nos Jama 2-in-1 exhaust systeem for the sohc XS400. Brand new, it even came in the original cartboard box, al the parts packted in plastic bags. Costed me €100,-. I had special interest in the headpipes and the collector. The muffler was a typical eighties styled heavy metal thing with a straight cut off black endcap, not my cup of tea. But I also had a new Norton lookalike muffler laying on the shelf for my other cafeproject (SR500 big single). So I mounted this muffler and the Jama kit to the XS and this is the result:
DSCN3469Large.jpg

DSCN3472Large.jpg

DSCN3468Large.jpg

I'm very pleased with it, the grasshopper's voice dropped by a few octaves and it feels like it revvs better and runs smoother, but that can be suggestion due to the different sound. Other benefits are the weightloss of 1 muffler, the fact that I could mount this system completely stressless and the fact that I can take out the rear wheel or adjust the drivechain without having to remove the exhausts.
Happy new year:thumbsup:

nice one Hornix, Its been a while man!

you scored on that exhaust and the grasshopper's looking really sick

happy new year to you and yours too :bike:

Yep. That's one nice looking bike for sure.:)
I've never heard of Jama before. Do you have any pictures of the front headers on your bike?

here you are :)
DSCN3476Large.jpg

The oilfiltercover is still accessible (I have a new oilfilterbolt to replace that $#@%$& rusted one.
And I'm not sure, but I believe Jama is a part of the Dutch exhaust syst. manuf. named Laser.

I have found these tow pictures a wile ago on the net.
Does any of you recognize the bike? Would like to read about it :)
racer2.jpg

racer1.jpg

I've no idea, but I'm totaly in love with it. Look at the clutch cover, how it looks "old".
Awsome! I'm thinking of building such a classic racer too, to house my 440cc engine :)

Back