Hornix cafe racer

The side cover almost looks like it has been dipped is some sort of acid or chemical to tarnish it. Looks like a nice bike.

Are you documenting your SR build? Would like to read / see more pics.
Big singles rock.

Last edited:
has an RD front caliper on too, the swinging pivot type!

Hornix, can you not right click on the source picture and see where the the picture was from?

getting close to this, its bugging me

059v.jpg

060v.jpg

Good find!! Just goes to show you that with a little work you can find anything or anyone on the internet :laugh:

Are you documenting your SR build? Would like to read / see more pics.
Big singles rock.

They do rock:D
This is the current situation, except for the tank. Tank has its new paint yet:thumbsup:
New subframe and al the electrics will be under the seat. A few more welding has to be done and then the frame is going to be powdercoated. And then...the final rebuild. Can't wait to hear its sound after almost 3 years of silence:wtf:
DSCN3435Large.jpg

They do rock:D
This is the current situation, except for the tank. Tank has its new paint yet:thumbsup:
New subframe and al the electrics will be under the seat. A few more welding has to be done and then the frame is going to be powdercoated. And then...the final rebuild. Can't wait to hear its sound after almost 3 years of silence:wtf:
DSCN3435Large.jpg

After 3 years of silence i bet she has a lot to say

LOL :D
There will BE a muffler. It's a normal reflection type of muffler. Because of the open air filter there will surely be "some" intakenoise:wink2:
@Drewpy: did you get mail from "the yellow XS classic racer guy"?

LOL :D
There will BE a muffler. It's a normal reflection type of muffler. Because of the open air filter there will surely be "some" intakenoise:wink2:
@Drewpy: did you get mail from "the yellow XS classic racer guy"?

no nothing, maybe he doesn't speak English. Does anyone speak Czech on here (Arpad?)

Do you meen the xs mag wheels?
Still have 'm but won't sell 'm ;)
I have plans for a third bike with those wheels.

So....
A few months further and a lot has changed. To begin with the SR500. The project turned into a enormous moneypit and I didn't make or have the time to finish it. After thinking of it a couple of days I decided to sell the project. Another good reason for that was and is my 1985 VW T3 (T25 in the US) campervan which also cost some $$ to keep it in good shape. So at a saterday, I put it on Marktplaats, the Dutch Ebay and the next sunday it was sold. It was a complete project, almost finished but not running so the €3000,- it brought up wasn't that bad. Only a small tear in my eye when I saw the SR leave the street. Never heard of it again.

After a few months of Yamaha-rest I decided to collect all the XS400 parts laying in and around the house/shed/garden(?) and mount them together. A year ago I bought a XS400SE engine which was big bored to 440cc with Kawasaki pistons, XS250 cams, flowed ports and al kinds of new stuff. I had a Morini500 tank and a SE frame, forks and wheels. So let us build together as the years go by (Queen song, for Drewps). The mounting of the tank was easy. The seat is going to be reshaped so that it matches the end of the tank. The 2in1 exhaust system of a few posts back will be used on this bike, with a short Megaton. I'm planning to use a complete OEM US electronic ignition and a small underseat battery. Kick only and al the electronics out of sight. Fehling clipons and a round headlight. I'm also going to ask Santa for a Acewell round al-in-one speedo. As I don't have proper carbs at the moment, should I look for some original BS34's or (like Drewpy) DOHC carbs? I read your blogspot but couldn't find the pictures of the adjustment. Also Drewps: I saw that you had the idea of using an oilcooler. Did you leave that thought? I aslo have a complete setup of a XJ650 but when I try it on the bike I see that the cooler is just above the very hot downpipes so I don't know if it is very usefull. Feel free all to give some thoughts about it. That's all for now. It's nice the feel some old steel again :)
DSCN3744Large.jpg

DSCN3746Large.jpg

DSCN3743Large.jpg

DSCN3742Large.jpg

Back