How to wire this L.E.D

Herr_man

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, my apologies if this is a totally stupid question but I don't seem to find the answer and I'm no hot shot when it comes do electricity.
Basically there are 3 wires inside the frame (custom from previous owner) and I want to attach the L.E.D lamp (in the picture) to work as both tail light AND brake light.
I cannot figure out which wire goes where? I tried to have the ignition and thus the lights on and I placed the wires randomly on the L.E.D but without any reaction whatsoever.
Any ideas would be super!
Thanks

Attachments

• bild (1).jpg
    bild (1).jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 284
that looks like it has a single contact on the bottom there is no way to wire it to act as both a tail light and a brake... the three wires coming out of the frame one should be a ground (you really need a Volt/Ohm meter) one wire should be the tail light, second wire 12v hot when headlight is on, and the third wire would be the brake light 12v hot when brake switch (brakes) are on... with the V/O meter or a test light find out which wire is which and go from there... you will need a bulb with two contact buttons on the bottom as the plug-in base is the bulbs ground

that looks like it has a single contact on the bottom there is no way to wire it to act as both a tail light and a brake...
Ah that sucks but thanks for the heads up, then my next question doesn't anyone know what the L.E.Ds are called that I am looking for?

look for a "1157 bulb LED european" your google or search may find something closer than mine here in the USA

i heard you could run the running light to a resistor (i heard 10 oHm and i also heard trial and error) and then connect it to the brake light wire and the brake light wire to the light. i included a rough diagram i made in paint.
full

Back