I know that bike....

ahale2772

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
hey folks,

sold my bike a while back, i was sick of tuning, fixing all that

anyways I was taking a trip down memory lane the other day and found this...

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/2629406862.html

thats my old bike with some painted up goodies (everything really)...and a sporty tank

looks like Vomit IMO but... to each their own...:shrug:

anyways though i'd post it if anyone in the NE region was looking for a bike
cheers :)

Ok you got my attention lol

I think it looks awesome have you got any pics of the build itself, i wanna see the rear suspenion mounting etc did you build the frame yourself?
Very very cool bike :thumbsup:

hey folks,

sold my bike a while back, i was sick of tuning, fixing all that

anyways I was taking a trip down memory lane the other day and found this...

http://providence.craigslist.org/mcy/2629406862.html

thats my old bike with some painted up goodies (everything really)...and a sporty tank

looks like Vomit IMO but... to each their own...:shrug:

anyways though i'd post it if anyone in the NE region was looking for a bike
cheers :)

so, was it just the paint and tank that changed? if so, i like what you stylewise. what was the original color?

i loved the bike the way it was. i watched the build from the get go. great fab work. great exceuction on everything. spory tank looks like shit. i liked the engine raw, not black

thanks guys,

yeah I cant say I like what he did with it really, too much black with the engine now.

it was a fun bike, i really enjoyed building it :) ...just kinda lost patience:shrug:

next bike will probably be an xs650, been searching for a cheep one... I'd like one that I can ride and not really care about, something chopperish. lots of copper plating :)

i still check back here everyonce in a while. still creepin the old threads :bike:

I cant really remember the offset with the sprocket, maybe like 2 7/16 i think? pretty huge in reality... i remember heat treating it myself, red hot then drop it in oil.... wonder how thats holding up...

Back