Improved Searching and Image Uploads

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to let you guys know that I change, tweaked, and restarted some things on the server.

You are now able to search for 3 character words like 'gas', 'oil', 'hub', and things like that using the forum search tool. Before now, words had to be at least 4 characters (that is the database default setting). Common words like 'the' and 'who' are still excluded. If you're really bored, see the full list of stopwords

I also made some changes so that larger images can be uploaded and the software will resize them for you. I tested it with a 3.5mb image and it worked fine. When uploading several huge images to an album or attaching them to a post, you may want to upload one or two at a time otherwise you still may get an error. This will depend on the total amount of Mb's you are trying to upload at once and your connection speed.

The size restrictions for album pictures and attachments are still valid. The change is that the server will accept larger files and reduce them automatically. The server used to resize images up to about 2mb, now it will handle up to about 10mb.

I'll be watching the server logs and statistics to make sure this doesn't have a significant negative impact on the speed of the site. If it does, I'll either need to upgrade the server again or reduce the size limits a little bit.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Back