just a quick question

what do your current bars measure?? What type of bars do you have now. I have drag bars on mine, and those are slightly below the line where the bars bolt in on the fork. but these will be alot lower. meaning, shorter rides. anything much over an hour starts taking its toll, atleast for me. becoming uncomfortable. I bought some drag bars with a slight bend down. (sickbikers xs 400 cafe, in ablum photos) cost 23. one bar end mirror, same type as shown, can be found for 15. My bars were chromed also.
another concern would be would they hit the tank???

do you have a seat yet??

have fun with it.

i do like the look of the bars you have. i am not sure of the measurements of my bars, they are lower than the "original" bars that i have seen pictures of. i would like to try to do a knee dent like skillzman did on his latest tank. i do not have a seat yet either, just kind of trying to see whats out and around, get a good idea of the approach to take. thank you for the info!
Mike

i do like the look of the bars you have. i am not sure of the measurements of my bars, they are lower than the "original" bars that i have seen pictures of. i would like to try to do a knee dent like skillzman did on his latest tank. i do not have a seat yet either, just kind of trying to see whats out and around, get a good idea of the approach to take. thank you for the info!
Mike
They will definitely bolts to your stock "risers"....but as sickbikers said, they may hit your tank in sharp turns. I think it all depends on how far the pullback in the bars is.

There are a few bikes on here with clubmans, so it can be done.

Being comfortable with the riding position that clubmans are gonna give you, again, as sickbikers mentioned, will be a different story. I also have drag bars on my bike and long trips can get gruesome on the lower back. It just comes down to form compared to funtion really. It's not a bad price really, especially since you know they will work together.

hmm, i appreciate all the insight guys. the more i read, and think, im leaning towards drag bars. mostly my bike is ridden from work to home, a gruesome trek of about 8 miles round trip. hopefully my back can handle that! i really appreciate the help guys, i probably shouldve started a build thread to ask this question instead of just throwin it up there.
oh and hardtailed, what do you think:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2201019520.html
its been up for weeks now...

hmm, i appreciate all the insight guys. the more i read, and think, im leaning towards drag bars. mostly my bike is ridden from work to home, a gruesome trek of about 8 miles round trip. hopefully my back can handle that! i really appreciate the help guys, i probably shouldve started a build thread to ask this question instead of just throwin it up there.
oh and hardtailed, what do you think:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/2201019520.html
its been up for weeks now...
Not a bad deal. It's really hard to get a title here, so that alone would shy me away. I'm not sure about where you live though, some states are simple. I would also have to take the chain off and try to turn the engine to see if it was just the rear wheel stuck or something more serious. I'd go take a look at it myself if it were here and had a title, that's for sure. You can sell enough parts that you weren't using in the build to pay for the bike's purchase price. That's just my opinion though, and I'm no expert at all!!!

I have clubmans and my switch gear just stops short of hitting the tank by millimeters. A bit more of a strain on the back and wrists but isn't too annoying.

Hey mikeybikey, sounds like we have a similar idea for a build. I was thinking clubmans and a DIY knee-dent tank too. If you do get the bars, be sure to post some pics. I was thinking tank clearance and ergonomics would be the possible issues with them. I was considering clip-ons too, but it's hard to find 33mm clip-ons and they are atleast twice the price of just getting a bar.

Hmmmm I wish there was a place around here that I could go check stuff out! Clip ons was my first choice, but you are right nearly impossible to find for a decent price! Kinda thinkin a drag bar is the way to go, right now.

heh i got that exact same set you linked to from that seller. the quality is pretty good. i haven't hooked them all the way up yet but you always have the choice of flipping the bars upside down and around and then they have a slight rise with an aggressive look.

heh i got that exact same set you linked to from that seller. the quality is pretty good. i haven't hooked them all the way up yet but you always have the choice of flipping the bars upside down and around and then they have a slight rise with an aggressive look.

oh awesome man, any chance i can get a few pictures of that?
Mike

Back