1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Got It

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chip Chaser, May 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Chip Chaser

Chip Chaser XS400 New Member

Indiana
    New to the Forum, just got this yesterday. Will be asking a lot of questions. I've never worked on a bike before.

Attached Files:

2. bcware

bcware Well-read Top Contributor

Is that a 650?

3. logan

logan XS400 Enthusiast

its not a 650, but wow thats sure not a 400 frame either! kinda looks like a Cluster bomb!

4. bentwrench

bentwrench DOHC Crazy Top Contributor

That's an awesome looking bitsa bike (bitsa this, bitsa that...)

5. HoughMade

HoughMade XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Is that front wheel a Honda Comstar?

6. JARichmond

JARichmond XSively Addicted

That's one B.A.M.F. looking bike! I sure wish the entire build was on here. And of course, welcome to the forum! :)

7. Arclight88

Arclight88 XS400 Addict

It sure looks like a 1980 or later, XS400 motor in a cool frame!

8. Chip Chaser

Indiana
    I got the bike for about $100 (bought 2 bikes the other is a 04 Drifter) The motor is a 82 XS400 S the front forks,tire and gas tank are from a Honda. The frame was built from chrome molly and the seat pan is a Le pera (I think). A friend of mind is going to help me rewire it, but right now it's kinda fun just driving it the way it is.

9. Chip Chaser

Indiana
    20120510_162949.jpg
    Wiring is an ugly mess

20120508_172439.jpg
    Still it's fun to ride

10. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

bloody ell, that wiring looks organic though.

love the rake on the bike, just right

11. OleDoc

OleDoc FREEBIRDS MC Central NY

looks like it:thumbsup:

12. Chip Chaser

Indiana
    Just thinking about it, what do you all think I could get for my bike if I were to sell it?

Attached Files:

13. JARichmond

JARichmond XSively Addicted

Depends, did you get that writhing mass of wiring looked after? Also depends on the bike culture around you. Around me I could expect to sell mine for about 1.5-2k in stock form. Could ask for 2-2.5k near me, but again it depends on how much something like it would go for around you. Check out ebay or the Cragslist around your area for similar bikes (chopped 400cc with fully custom frames) to get a good idea and draw your own conclusions from there.