LED flashers

xscafe

XS400 Member
Reaction score
im having a little issue. I know prior to tear down my flashers worked. (I took off all the lights, seat, and tank) I put on all new lights and now no flashers. I took off the flasher cancel like the manual says but nothing. It did get rained on twice with all the wires exsposed. I'm just not sure if it's a wiring bug, or the flasher can't handle the LED lights. What do these things to do when you put LEDs with the stock flasher? Thanks for reading.

Leds won't work with the stock flasher. Stock flasher want's to see a specific load to work. Grab a flasher made for LEDs and be happy.

When I did LED's on my LS2 I got the whole shebang from Super Brite LED's on line. They had all I needed including a solid state flasher. Rather than operating off a certin resistance the flasher operates on a timer. On mine though I did have a problem where the dash Indicator would be constantly illuminated no matter if the signal is on or not. So I unplugged it!!!

Ok. Sweet. I was thinking it was the flasher but not 100%. Other bikes that I've switched to LED would flash for a split second

That's correct. It also relies on the current flow from the stock bulbs.
I've mocked up an electronic replacement from an arduino microprocessor but it's not quite ready to put on my bike.
A lot of people take off the canceller anyways.

Ya. I don't mind removing it. This is my first bike with one. And according to the manual you want to practice Turing it off manually anyways.

They should work fine. I recently ordered identical looking flashers from Dx.com I paid around $3CDN each for them, with free shipping, so the ones linked to are priced high. It will be a few more weeks before mine are due to arrive, so I can't offer a review yet.

Does this plug, plug right into the original plug for a 78 xs400 ?

Really digging up an oldie here huh? lol
The one you're asking about will not plug directly in to your 78' but if you take the pins out of the connector it comes with, you might be able to put them directly into the slots on the factory harness. If you hold tight, I've got a relay on the way to me right now that I'm hoping will plug directly into the factory plug on my 78. it was $0.90 shipped.

Back