Sold / Found / Inactive - MAC 2-2 mufflers

xschris

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Clean without any rust. They will polish up very nice. These will fit on stock 76-77 xs360 and 77-79 xs400 head pipes without any gaskets. You may want a bit of muffler sealer but that's it. One clamp was not the correct size so there is a shim under it to take up the slack. A better one could be found without much trouble. These have removable baffles but like most of these types, the ends don't have a tight seal so some epoxy was added. All of which can be easily removed. I don't have the hanger brackets but those can be made or the stock ones for the bike could be used. There are bolts in the sides of them that I guess was used for something but don't effect how they work. I do have stock 76-79 xs360/400 head pipes also to sell if you need those. $90 shipped in the U.S. paypal only. Thanks
DSC03935.JPG DSC03936.JPG DSC03937.JPG

Last edited:
Hello, You post says for a 76-79xs400, Would these not fit a 80? I'm super new to these bikes so. What is the ID of the pipe end that would slide over the outside of the headpipes? Also how long are these? Wondering where they end up exiting, would it be about stock, shorter or longer? I have 1 muffler that is cracked and looking for replacements. I'm in West Springfield Mass. 413-896-3460 is my cell number. feel free to call or text. Thanks

You would need the 76-79 xs360/400 style head pipes (1.5" end) that where made for removable mufflers for them to work ( also longer than what the 80-82 bikes used). The 80-82 sohc ones have welded mufflers and are not designed for these and are not a good setup for adapting to. They are 21.5" long and with the 76-79 head pipes end up just about where the 80-82 stock exhaust would be.

Back